Prepar3d becomes unresponsive to mouse input?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
kand

Prepar3d becomes unresponsive to mouse input?

Postby kand » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi, v4.5

Sometimes after I have alt/tab to another application, when I return to P3d I cannot use the mouse to interact with the program? If I use the kb I can get to the menus etc and make changes, but the mouse clicks do nothing except register the windows exclamation sound?

Any ideas?

win10 64, nvidia 1080ti 419.67

Dutch727

Re: Prepar3d becomes unresponsive to mouse input?

Postby Dutch727 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:04 pm

This happens occasionally to me too, and has at least since 4.3.

The easy workaround for me is to switch to windowed mode, minimize, then maximize it again, then back to full screen.

Presto, the mouse works again.

Hope that works for you.

kand

Postby kand » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Thx, unfortunately not. Even alt/tab wont control the sim, its almost like the sim is not in "windows focus"

This is happening all the time now, even after a reboot. I am wondering if something I have installed has interfered with P3d, invetsigating

Geilhofer

Postby Geilhofer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:39 pm

I have the same Problem with P3D V4.5 (only in this application, running on Win 10 German language):
Sometimes P3D works fine after start, but if I change to another applaction and come back to P3D (f.e. with Alt + Tab), then the mouse is not clickable (rigt + left). Not in the menu and not in the virtuel cockpit!
The Windows Alarm Ping comes by mouse click.

With keyboard ALT I come then to the menü, can then with the keyboard Arrow keys choose a entry and with Enter come to the Dialog Box from the choosen Menü item.
In the Dialog Box the Mouse Clicks are working!!!
If I close the dialog, then the same behaviour as before!

AND: Sometimes this happens direkt after Start P3D! not only after changing to another application and came back.
If I Reboot the system, mostly it works first OK (but not always), until I change to another application.

This must be an error in P3D V4.5 Client.
Please help!

Thanks, Martin

P.S. I have posted this in a similar subject (P3D starting with mouse and keyboard inactive), but this subject fits better to this problem.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”