[RESOLVED] Horizon(?) lines across some aircraft

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Jeanl2

[RESOLVED] Horizon(?) lines across some aircraft

Post by Jeanl2 »

ever since i reinstalled P3DV4.4 on my ssd i've had this issue where a line, which appears to be the horizon, goes through my aircraft:

But this doesn't happen with other aircraft like the A2A Bonanza:

Or the iFly 747:

I'd like to try and get a solution that doesn't involve reinstalling P3D, as i have a bunch of add-ons and it's going to be a pain to reinstall all of them
Poppet

Re: Horizon(?) lines across some aircraft

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jeanl2

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forum.

Please try this small step in the link below, This will not effect your Add Ons.

Regenerate the Prepar3D.cfg file and the Shaders folder

Try that and let us know how you get on

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87#p189254
Jeanl2

Post by Jeanl2 »

Hi Poppet,

Sorry for the late reply. I wasn't subscribed to the post and thought no one had posted a reply.
I tried what you suggested, however, the issue still persists. I tried to use time preview to see how it looked like on different times, and the issue completely disappears between 6:50 AM and 9:50 AM simulator time
Jeanl2

Post by Jeanl2 »

Update:
I ended up biting the bullet and reinstalling P3D as a whole. the lines disappeared and everything was going nicely, and i thought that would be it for the lines, but i must truly have a curse because 2 days later, they are back. I really don't know what to do at this point, What is causing this!?!? I'm so frustrated because this is extremely annoying!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Were any system configuration changes or add-ons installed recently?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Jeanl2

Post by Jeanl2 »

Hello Rob,
Before the lines appeared, i was doing a flight from Anchorage to Hong Kong. I left the flight going through the night and when i came back, P3D had crashed. I thought oh well, guess i'll just do another flight, and thought i should update reshade. After updating reshade, i opened my aircraft list and the lines were there. I don't think it has something to do with reshade, though, because before reinstalling P3D, the lines were there even with no reshade, and i have now uninstalled reshade, but the lines are still there. I can give you a list of the addons i installed since i reinstalled P3D, if that helps
Jeanl2

Post by Jeanl2 »

Guys, I'm still having this problem. Also, i just realized my F-16 is invisible, which leads me to think this has something to do with PBR.
Jeanl2

Post by Jeanl2 »

With the recent update to V4.5, i've had the sim running perfectly for a few weeks now with no more horizon line. Problem solved! :)