V4.4 window behaviour after menu update

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
alaxus

V4.4 window behaviour after menu update

Postby alaxus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:09 am

Has anyone seen this behaviour where the window size and position changes after a menu update? It looks like V4 resets its state after the button is clicked rather than returning to its last state . Is there anyway to change this behaviour as V3 did not exhibit this?

https://youtu.be/RYryZsSqz0E

For my situation I have to then resize the window back to how I need it in the middle of my screen, as I am using projectors, while I setup other software.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: V4.4 window behaviour after menu update

Postby Rob McCarthy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:47 pm

Hello,

Are you using any third party software to manage these views or apply any type of distortion correction?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

alaxus

Postby alaxus » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:31 am

No third party software, however I use Immersive display pro to warp the screens, but it was not running in this case.

I have noticed that not all menu options reset the state of the P3d window, seems to be only the ones that change the state of the simulation. I can do further testing to see which menu changes are affected.

On another note, V3 will remember its last window state on the next application load. V4 will always reset to full screen on one projector. The same position as after the menu change.

alaxus

Postby alaxus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 am

Any update on this?

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”