Triton water SDK/P3d settings

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
kand

Triton water SDK/P3d settings

Postby kand » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi, i have been playing with the Triton config trying to enable some of the wonderful content the SDK provides. However even when I remove the # from the lines for the effects that Triton is capable of, it doesnt seem to get rendered in P3d?

has the water model been restricted via the SDK?

I have tried to enable the foam and spray to help with the black. detail less sea that P3d exhibits but it never appears?

If this is switched off, please consider enabling it?

thanks keith

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: Triton water SDK/P3d settings

Postby Beau Hollis » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:50 am

The only modification that I know can be safely made to that config file is to disable or enable specific FFT models. This primarily applies to AMD users who might want to disable the DirectCompute model and enable OpenCL. We use the Triton's excellent FFT wave models to generate displacement and slope/foam maps based on our simulated wind speed and direction. We don't use Triton's rendering subsystems. The water is rendered as part of our GPU tessellated terrain shader.

Thanks
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect

kand

Re: Triton water SDK/P3d settings

Postby kand » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:46 pm

Thank you Beau,I was trying to introduce some of the effects seen in the Sundog Triton SDK promo video which I think would make the water even more wonderful! these are all rendering features so you have answered my question.

https://youtu.be/LeZkd7d5-3g

I think the Sundog rendering of foam and waves (48 seconds in) would really benefit P3d when water detail is at ultra, but understand these features may be a step too far in terms of workload on the rendering side.

4.4 is great, thank you very much.

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”