VR Menu Bar HMD Toggle Menu does not work

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
corbu1

VR Menu Bar HMD Toggle Menu does not work

Post by corbu1 »

Hello LM,
First, thank you for continue enhancing P3d for VR users.
The new VR menu bar is a great feature now in v4.4.

I get the menu bar working and found the key command HMD Menu Toggle which was called in another support thread as the right key command for toggling the VR menu var on and off.

I have mapped a joystickbutton (Thrustmaster hotas warthog) to this keycommand.
But nothing happens, the VR menu bar is still displayed no matter to mapped joystick button is pressed/ released.
What am I doing wrong? How do I get the HMD menu toggle get working, please?
Help is most appreciated....

Greetings Klaus
powayjoe

HMD-Toggle Menu Function Doesn't Work

Post by powayjoe »

I cannot seem to get the HMD- Toggle Menu function to work. I have taken all the appropriate steps and can see it in VR and interact with it using my mouse but I cannot get any key assignment I make as a way to toggle the window on and off to work. I have tried several different key assignments and also tried checking and unchecking the release key box to the right of the assignment and no combination will work.

Please advise as to what I might be doing wrong to get the vertical menu window to open and close?

Thanks in advance
Joe
I9-9900KS 5.1GHz, RTX 2080 FTW3 Hybrid, Trident 32GB DDR4 3200 C14, EVO 970 2TB M.2, Corsair AX-850, Gigabyte A-390 Master, HP Reverb G2, 40 inch 4K Screen at 30 Hz, VKB Gunfighter, Virpil Moongoost 50,MFG Crosswind Pedals, CP, Linda, VA, FFTF, P2ATC
Kayla Dillon

Re: HMD-Toggle Menu Function Doesn't Work

Post by Kayla Dillon »

powayjoe wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:59 pm
Hello all,

It appears the toggle is not working. We will write a ticket to address this issue.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
corbu1

Re: VR Menu Bar HMD Toggle Menu does not work

Post by corbu1 »

Ok.k, thank you!!!
powayjoe

Re: VR Menu Bar HMD Toggle Menu does not work

Post by powayjoe »

Thanks I assume it would be fixed in a “hot fix release”

Joe
I9-9900KS 5.1GHz, RTX 2080 FTW3 Hybrid, Trident 32GB DDR4 3200 C14, EVO 970 2TB M.2, Corsair AX-850, Gigabyte A-390 Master, HP Reverb G2, 40 inch 4K Screen at 30 Hz, VKB Gunfighter, Virpil Moongoost 50,MFG Crosswind Pedals, CP, Linda, VA, FFTF, P2ATC