[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4 with Add Ons will Not launch

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
oliver_133

[RESOLVED] Prepar3D v4 with Add Ons will Not launch

Post by oliver_133 »

Hi,
I recently upgraded to v4.3 and my P3D is not loading into the scenario page and just closing down, i have not recently installed any new dlcs apart from the usual FTX global, PMDG 777 and a few Flytampa and Aerosoft sceneries when i bought the game.

Can someone please help as I am looking to play the game after a week of not being able to.

Thanks

Oliver
Poppet

Re: Not loading after start screen

Post by Poppet »

Hello Oliver

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forum.

Please try these steps one by one and then launch Prepar3D and test after each step.

1) Disable your Antivirus Software and Firewall, Then launch Prepar3D and test.

Ensure you launch Prepar3D as Administrator

If you are using Windows Defender Turn Off Controlled folder access in the Windows Defender user Interface

------------------------------

2) Remove the Prepar3D generated folders that is generated during the program execution.

Note: This action will disable your 3rd party Add Ons.

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder, Scroll down a bit, Double left Click on the file Delete Generated files,

A small black window will appear and then disappear again, this is normal.

After this step launch Prepar3D and test again

Please see this link for a short video on this process https://youtu.be/YsOibqIV0OQ?t=13s

---------------------------------

3) Remove the 2 Prepar3D generated folders from Documents

Navigate to the location below and Click and Move these 2 blue folders out of this location and pop them onto your Desktop.

Note: Do not Copy these folders, Ensure you Move them out of this location

PC ► Documents ► Prepar3D v4 files \ Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

After this step launch Prepar3D and test again

Please see this link for a short video on this process https://youtu.be/YsOibqIV0OQ?t=52s

4) Uninstall and Reinstall the Prepar3D Client Only.

Navigate to your Control Panel right click on Prepar3D Academic \ Professional Client and click Uninstall

The Windows programs and features box will appear, Click Yes to uninstall the Client

You will now to given the Option to "Deactivate" the prepar3D license, Click No The License will stay active

Reinstall the Client again, Navigate to your Prepar3D download folder, Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Install

5) If you are still having Issues launching Prepar3D please go through each of the steps below one by one

viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=128394

Let us know how you get on
oliver_133

Re: Not loading after start screen

Post by oliver_133 »

Thank you my P3D is now working!!