4.3 VR: Save Instrument Panel Location & Double Dots

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
RCFlyer

4.3 VR: Save Instrument Panel Location & Double Dots

Postby RCFlyer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:16 am

I have updated to 4.3 and fly exclusively VR. Is there a way to save the instrument panel location and status once the panel is setup in the VR cockpit?

I am seeing two small dots in the VR cockpit when I am trying to focus on an object that is fairly close. If my focus is farther away the dots merge into one large dot. Is there a way to cause the two small dots to merge into one small dot when focused on closer cockpit objects?

Nice improvements in VR with 4.3.

Thank you for the continued development.

Regards,

Danny

Kayla Kinzel
Lockheed Martin

Re: 4.3 VR: Save Instrument Panel Location & Double Dots

Postby Kayla Kinzel » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:48 pm

Hello,

At the moment, there is no saving capability for panel location in VR.

I'm not able to reproduce the cursor issue you are seeing. Which headset are you using? Have you updated both tour graphics drivers and your SteamVR/Oculus Home?

We appreciate the feedback and will continue to make improvements to the VR panel system.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

RCFlyer

Re: 4.3 VR: Save Instrument Panel Location & Double Dots

Postby RCFlyer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks Kayla for your reply. I use the Oculus Rift HMD. The double dot only occurs if I am attempting to focus on something closer rather than farther. If the dot is projected into both lenses I would expect the problem is I am trying to focus on something that is inside the focal point of the to lenses. Not a big problem, I just use the left dot and everything works.

I must say, the improvements in VR contained in 4.3 are very nice. Great job to all who worked on the improvements.

Thanks

Danny

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”