Runway and taxi lights floating above the ground.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ReinBijlsma

Post by ReinBijlsma »

My runway and taxi lights are floating above the ground, about 30" I guess. I guess this accoured after installing some new scenery, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions to fix this? Using Prepar 3Dv2.2, FTX Global, FS Global Ultimate and other scenery.
skiflyzander

Post by skiflyzander »

Same issue here. Latest version of P3v2. Also have FTX Global installed.
Luis Vargas

Post by Luis Vargas »

I had this issue (only taxi lights) at LFPG with P3D 2.2 standard, that is, with no add-ons. So I believe that part of this issues are native in P3D2 and they will be fixed in a future.
ReinBijlsma

Post by ReinBijlsma »

Quote:
Quote from Luis Vargas on June 18, 2014, 07:49

I had this issue (only taxi lights) at LFPG with P3D 2.2 standard, that is, with no add-ons. So I believe that part of this issues are native in P3D2 and they will be fixed in a future.

Phew, I was afraid I had to install everything all over again.

BTW: The Netherlands will win the Worldcup this time ;-)
vgbaron

Post by vgbaron »

If you are running MyTraffic you will get this issue at several airports. You need to go into the MyTraffic Scenery folder and disable the bgl for the specific airport.

Vic
NLPER

Post by NLPER »

At me also was at some airports. It is easy to correct it in the Airport Facilitator X program.
ReinBijlsma

Post by ReinBijlsma »

I'm running Traffic 360. Might be causing the same problem as My Traffic does. And I will look into Airport Facilitaor X as well.
gandy

Post by gandy »

Some addon ai traffic programs do install their own afcads which can cause issues with other addons, the main reason they do this is to fix parking issues at the stock fsx airports and to help make the airports look populated.

When ever you see an effected airport its always best to take note of the airport code and go disable it but it will effect parking at that airport so it might not look so populated after its been disabled and you might not get the parking spots you should if you are simming in large aircraft like the Airbus A320 or Boeing 737.

Sometimes it is best just to update the parking on the stock afcad with an app like ADE if you have the time as when you get good at updating them it should take no time at all :)

Paul
LCSims

Post by LCSims »

Runway and taxiway lights for default airports have always been suspended in mid-air. That's just how the light is emitted through XML based code. Been that way for a long time and any traffic add on that supplies XML/BGLCompiler based replacement files is going to show the same thing.

Now if anyone is mentioning custom scenery, that's an entirely different thing.
Demious

Post by Demious »

I'm having the same problem at several default airports, at least. At the few addon airports I'm running at the moment they are one the ground, though.

I'm not running any traffic addons. What I am running is: REX4, FTX Global, FTX Vector, FSG2010 for FTX. I'm not sure when this first ocured to me, but I can confirm it has been like this for a while now.
geloxo

Post by geloxo »

Hi, I have this issue too after installation of latest v2.5. I saw this post so I can tell you I´m also using ORBX products and MyTraffic. Runway lights float like 10m avove ground (really too much), but rest of them (taxiways for instance) are fine.

I solved it by going into ORBX Vector tool, run the auto configuration in the "Airport Elevation Correction" tab and adding the problematic airports manually to the excluded list.
Intel i9-9900K, Nvidia RTX2080Ti, 32 Gb DDR4, Windows 10 64bit
neokles

Re: Runway and taxi lights floating above the ground.

Post by neokles »

Hi, Do we have any news about that? Same issue for so many years? P3d v3.4 and orbx with AEC disabled but signs are above the aircraft! :)
Afterburner SST

Re: Runway and taxi lights floating above the ground.

Post by Afterburner SST »

I have made a video, in which I present an add-on that replaces the floating default taxiway lights by a more realistic looking version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA0UKBsfBQo

Here is some information beforehand:

- The tool, called "Airport Wizard", was developed for FSX and FS2004, but it can be made to work with P3D even without any migration tools (the video explains how).

- The free version only allows modifications of lights at airports in Belgium. The unrestricted version costs $15, but can be bought for less (I have explained how).

- The tool does not automatically modify the lights at all airports; you need to select manually which airports you want to have improved.