DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
DaveCT2003

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by DaveCT2003 »

I uninstalled Chase Plan, and the problem remains.

I also tried running with ASN instead of AS2016 with no difference.

Today a friend and I made a flight (two different aircraft) from EKCH to EHAM, and both of us had the same error at roughly the same place. We tried a second time, and again both had the error.

This appears repeatable.

Flight Plan: EKCH-EHAM, FL340, LANGO M611 DEGUL UN872 EEL.
Aircraft used for both of us was the Aerosoft Airbus X V1.31.
P3DV3.4
Note: I updated the client from 3.35, my friend had the full 3.4 installed, so it's seems to be on the client end.

Extremely frustrating.
Jeast

Post by Jeast »

For testing purpose I just downgraded to v3.2, and guess what: problem gone. I'm going to test v3.3 now because the FPS in 3.2 where quite lower for me than in 3.4, I will keep you posted.
jeansy

Post by jeansy »

Im another one who is getting freezing or hanging with hotfix 2

Ive formatted the pc and all drives, reinstalled windows & p3d several times and running a bare version i get a hang within 15mins

My hangs range from 5mins in up to 60mins in, im yet to able to complete a flight without hard rebooting the pc

It hangs when i dont interact with the pc to the smallest movement of the mouse to using a web browser on another screen

Im unable to get any reports in event viewer or appcrash due to the hangs

I ran resource mangers to try and capture if i was overloading my pc and its running better now before the format but its still at a low result

I was only using about 54% of my cpu at each time of a hang, i will post camera pics when im at a pc of my resources

Im running
I6700k @ 4.3 with current bios
2× gtx 980 not in sli with current drivers
SSD hd
16gb ram
3x monitors
Win 10 pro with current updates

What i have currently installed in the sim
V3 with hotfix 2
Registered fsupic 4
AS 2016
AS 31
Pmdg ngx
AS BALI
A few ftx regions

Yep very frustrating considering ive already spent about $350 on IT examining my system for hardware problems and windows rebuilds

I was reading the latest windows 10 update 09jan17 said it could cause freezing with multi screen systems, so ive tried it with just 1 screen plugged in to only get the same result with it hangin
Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar
Or Click here to direct access to All my Repaints

AUSTRALIA
jeansy

Post by jeansy »

I removed all traces of P3D today then formatted my FS drive

I started with a vanilla version with the lastest build

my flight was in the B350 from YPDN to YBAS no problems

Then I tried installing
FSUIPC4 Registered & FSC 9.6 Rev.7 no problems

Then
active sky 2016 version 6197 Hangs after serval minutes

Im leaning towards its the ASConnect 2016 that comes in the update for AS2016 thats the problem
Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar

AUSTRALIA
jeansy

Post by jeansy »

for me its looking like AS2016 is the problem

AS2016 version 6197 including the asconnect self installer then I get the Hangs
if i delete the as2016 asconnect that comes with the update, I have no hangs
then i reinstalled as2016 asconnect the hangs return
then I deleted the as2016 asconnect the problem goes

Im going to try another weather program to see if its the assconnect or any form of weather injection
Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar

AUSTRALIA
dooky1973

Post by dooky1973 »

Hello,

I also had the same issue. If I ran P3D without my weather software (FS Global Weather) it worked without crashing but if I used my weather software I ended up with the reported error.

I think the issue is something to do with FSUIPC4 ,Simconnect or both. If you check the FSUIPC4 website it says it only supports v3.4 hotfix 1 and NOT hotfix 2. Maybe once this is updated it will cure some of the issues people are reporting.
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

dooky1973 wrote: I think the issue is something to do with FSUIPC4 ,Simconnect or both. If you check the FSUIPC4 website it says it only supports v3.4 hotfix 1 and NOT hotfix 2. Maybe once this is updated it will cure some of the issues people are reporting.
Not many weather programs use FSUIPC these days -- Active Sky certainly doesn't.

And FSUIPC version 4.959 was released on the same day as P3D HF2 because HF2 was made public on that day! My website (the Support Forum) certainly does not say it supports HF1 and not HF2! It actually says (my emphasis here):

-- Supports all P3D versions 3.3. and 3.4 versions up to date of release

That's where you should look! Mr. Schiratti unfortunately is not so diligent in his updates on what he calls "The Peter Dowson Page". I shall remind him to change the wording. I note that he did actually change it to say 4.959, which sometimes he doesn't, even though the link there actually points to the files on my Forum so are always up to date in any case.

Anyway, it most certainly works with HF2 -- it actually also says so in the Changes document included in the ZIP. See here:

26. Prepar3D version 3.4.18 is supported by this release

3.4.18 is actually the version number for HF2.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
dooky1973

Post by dooky1973 »

Hi Pete,

Firstly, great honour for you to reply back. I don't want you to think I was blaming your software, just stating what I had noticed. I certainly did not read the release notes in detail and went off what was stated on the 'Peter Dowson' page. I also totally forgot to mention that my issue was when I was running the previous version of FSUIPC4 with hotfix 2.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Since updating FSUIPC4 to the latest version, everything seems ok now and I have not had the error.
Jeast

Post by Jeast »

I am sure its not active sky, nor any other weather sim. I am pretty sure it has to be something with unoptimized gpu driving from p3d. The more strain you put on the gpu, the higher the chance it will crash with the OP error. Weather engines are putting more strain on the gpu. So is hardware tesselation. I have been testing all possible scenarios and that's my conclusion. If you want to be able to complete a flight, disable hardware tesselation. If you use very heavy scenery and weather and still get this error: decrease gpu settings or roll back to 3.3 or 3.2.
jeansy

Post by jeansy »

this is the thing, everyones computers will respond differently to different files, ackive sky isnt the problem for me, its the asconnect.dll that is installed by as2016 that is causing some grief for me , however stupid me thinking that was the only problem, i went on installed several other addons at once and now there is something else, so i have to start all over again

one thing we all can agree on that there is something in the current version a .dll or xml or ???? that doesnt want to play the game
Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar

AUSTRALIA
baptista333

Post by baptista333 »

I also want to believe in the comments made by the forum colleague, Mr. Jeast.
This error occurs only in the regions where I have more adds: ex: FTX North America along with photorealistic coverage areas, textured surfaces and updated airports. The time varies from 5 to 20 minutes after the start of the procedures.
On the other hand, when I do flights in my region (South America), the DXGI_ error does not happen or has never appeared. The only add I use in this region is FTX Global Base and Vector, also with FS Global Ultimate Americas. Just to comment, I use the latest version of P3D hotfix2 and a medium high configuration of the software. In previous versions I still had not noticed that said error.
jeansy

Post by jeansy »

funny you say that about your scenery addons

since my new windows and p3d install ive had none stop problems, noting only the week before i was able to run the exact software and settings without fault until a HD crash

so tonight I had a look at my scenery order since my format reinstall and all my FTX scenery orders are completely out of order and its not just a little but by a lot

I did a little more googling and there have been quite a number of posts across the net claim ftx central v3 scenery order has messed up scenery orders and people are suffering hangs after doing reinstalling or fresh installing

Ive deleted all my .migration files and sorted out my scenery order and then forced a new migration and

funny enough so far so good no hangs (not just touching wood put punching the living hell out of it ) Ive managed to surpass the usual hang points (ie 10-15mins) and have all addons working at the same time (ie rex, AS2016 )

im yet to try pmdg and aerosoft airbus but a2a connie seems to be coping with the current set up
Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar

AUSTRALIA
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"Ive deleted all my .migration files and sorted out my scenery order and then forced a new migration"

What does this meam?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
wallydog69

Post by wallydog69 »

As other posts have suggested AS16 seems to be the culprit. I ran a 10 hr flight without AS16 and had no issue crashing. Running with AS16, I get stutters after a few hrs and then an eventual crash. There is currently a stuttering thread on HiFi's message board under Bugs, and they are investigating, but I don't think anyone has posted on the DXGI error.
jeansy

Post by jeansy »

Martyson wrote:"Ive deleted all my .migration files and sorted out my scenery order and then forced a new migration"

What does this meam?
not trying to insult you

but the "migration" is the way that they now Orbx link all their regions together so you can fly uninterrupted from region to region, instead of the old way of applying each region when you want to fly there.

forcing a new migration makes FTX Central v2 or v3 re run the region linking process
Matt
FS Painter @ The Hangar

AUSTRALIA