Constant Stutter In P3D

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ILiekPlanes

Constant Stutter In P3D

Postby ILiekPlanes » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:26 am

I got a new graphics card today (GTX 1080) and I thought that it was going to fix my lag problems, and it did; but another problem occured. When I was flying, on ground or in the air, the whole game stutters every few seconds. I get a average 50 fps, but every few seconds the game just freezes for a few milliseconds. It's pretty hard to fly when you get constant lag spikes. I turned down all the settings to medium, and have no other apps running in the background. I've tried everything I can think of, but there is still a constant stutter. I can run any other game really smooth without any stuttering, except p3d.

PC Specs:
CPU: i7-4790K @ 4.4 Ghz
GPU: Geforce GTX1080 8G
RAM: 16GB DDR3
MB: MSI GAMING 5 Z97
PSU: 850W

Also, I have P3D version 3.14

alaxus

Re: Constant Stutter In P3D

Postby alaxus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:01 am

Did you clear the shaders after you put the new card in?

avi8tor

Postby avi8tor » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:56 am

I solved a similiar issue by disabling the power saving mode of my GTX980Ti. While monitoring my GPU Cock it became obvious that the GPU clock speed went up and down constantly in order to adjust to the given load. Unfortunately that caused noticable stutters.

Easiest way is to modify NCP Profile for P3D by selecting "prefer maximum performance mode". However there are other possibilities like Nvidia Inspector,etc.
i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz (Cores & Cache), HT Off, GTX1080Ti, Win7, 64-Bit, 16GB RAM @ 2400MHz

Poppet

Postby Poppet » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:26 am

Hello ILiekPlanes

As alaxus posted, There are some Recommended steps to take after changing your Graphics Card or Updating your Graphics Driver

After you Installed your new GPU, Did you Delete your Shaders folder and your Prepar3D.cfg and let them rebuild again ?

Right click and Delete both files, When you launch Prepar3D they rebuild again (Nice & New)

Location: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 ► Shaders

Location: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 ► Prepar3D.cfg

===================

avi8tor wrote:
Easiest way is to modify Nvidia Control Panel Profile for P3D by selecting "prefer maximum performance mode"

Yes very good, This is the only setting I use and works great for my set-up

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”