PMDG P3D v3 crash after few hours

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
RVxSpeed

Re: P3Dv3 CTD Event 1000 MSVCR120.dll

Postby RVxSpeed » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:27 am

gerard2101 wrote:Hi RXvSpeed,goodmorning and welcomt to the club...

yep , it is the same error wich Dan and i have , Dan and i are trying to find the cause but don't get much further .
What i do see is that you have a few addons running wich i had also in the beginning ( immersion opusfsx fsuipc ftxglobal) but after 6 reinstalls i only have P3D running with PMDG777 and ASN to find the error and it still crashes .

Last night i reinstalled again (wonder how many times i can reinstall before it get a warning ) and now running only P3D with the 777 , started P3D at 0155Z , let the plane sit on the runway, fully configured for T.O , after sitting on the rw for 5.40 hours i took off heading EHAM . I m using the same flight for testing , EHAM KIAH

Now cruising for 20 minutes , sofar no problems

The best thing you can do is to run just P3D with the pmdg 777 , make a test flight from a few hours and try again and if i were you i reinstaleed and PMDG first , it takes about 15 minutes but you have a clean P3d running for testing .If there are no problems add another addon and try again, i know it's no fun , but it hink it's the only way right now until someone knows what is causing this , Dan and i are allready working on this for a few days without results so far and we thought we were the only ones , thankfully for us (not for you i know ) it seems there are others with the same problem...

Hope you join the testing so it may become clear were the fault is comming from ,

Maybe some Lockheed developers will look into this problem now , it seems there are more people with this problem .

we will keep this thread updated ,

Gérard

didn't knew how many people are getting this exact problem.thank you very much for your kind post.yes me too thankfully that it's just not me alone :).i will try with vanilla installation.can u pls confirm that u have raas running/installed/upgraded to latest version.
somewhere i learned that raas uses this dll somehow.last night i found that my raas was vanilla one & didn't got updated automatically.so,i tried with latest raas version but,ended up with that CTD on a short flight.only this time it happened after arrival & at the gate.
before i go vanilla,today i will first disable raas+update dx file copy the error dll file & try again.
after that i may try with vanilla installation.

gerard2101

Postby gerard2101 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Hi ,

This time I DID NOT update raas to the latest addition ,previous time i did but got the crash also , so trying this time without it .

I installed only P3D with the default installation 777 with RAAS in the DLL , but not active in the fmc , nothing more , not even opus for the cameras , just to rule everything out , previous testing flights was with OPUS, OPUS again only for the cameras .

At time of writing my P3D is 12.08 hours running with 777 4.38 hours in the air , no problems so i THINK that pmdg or the RAAS dll is not the problem

At 1841Z my 777 is landing at EHAM , when there is no crash i am going to reinstall ASN...just doing one addon at a time

RVxSpeed

Postby RVxSpeed » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:44 pm

gerard2101 wrote:Hi ,

This time I DID NOT update raas to the latest addition ,previous time i did but got the crash also , so trying this time without it .

I installed only P3D with the default installation 777 with RAAS in the DLL , but not active in the fmc , nothing more , not even opus for the cameras , just to rule everything out , previous testing flights was with OPUS, OPUS again only for the cameras .

At time of writing my P3D is 12.08 hours running with 777 4.38 hours in the air , no problems so i THINK that pmdg or the RAAS dll is not the problem

At 1841Z my 777 is landing at EHAM , when there is no crash i am going to reinstall ASN...just doing one addon at a time

well things are not looking good at my side.i got another error while i was closing p3d(ending flight).this time raas disable & only opusfsi for weather running.

gerard2101

Postby gerard2101 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:47 pm

This is a graphical problem i think .maybe you should update your video drivers for this error

downscc

Postby downscc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Gerard, I am confused by your repost of comments from Kyle. He said, "The BEX MSVCR90.dll CTD issue you're experiencing is most likely being caused by an improper DirectX runtime configuration on your PC." I didn't realize you were having a BEX error (buffer error). I looked back over past four pages and could not find your error information, and I have assumed your error was same as mine: Exception code 0xc0000005 access violation, which is different from BEX error.

Just to be safe, I downloaded and ran MS latest dxwebsetup and I was up to date already. Interesting that Microsoft changed Kyles link to go to their Windows 10 upgrade... another subject.

Also, I have reproduced CTD on nine out of twelve flights of only 3.5 hr duration; any yet your test flights are much much longer so it might be possible that I am thinking I have a crash free session when in fact it was not long enough. This is very discouraging.

I have concluded that I can run P3Dv3 and PMDG NGX 3.5 hr without crash using a default configuration (default config and scenery files no addons except PMDG). Do you think I need to run a longer flight to confirm that it is CDT free??
Dan Downs
KCRP

gerard2101

Postby gerard2101 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Hi Dan , yes i think that you should run longer to see if it is CTD free , that s why i m doing long test flights to be sure ..my crashes are allways after a few hours..with default scenery and settings , only msa in the game at 4 no fxaa vsynch on triple buf , scenery and lod settings , cloud shadows all default

Yesterday my P3D was running 24.14 hours with the last 11 hours the 777 flying , the first hours just with engines running on the rw and everything worked normal , i really don't understand it anymore , there has to be something that triggers the fault, and it is not on every flight i make..., look at this picture at the clock ... ,simulator running for 1417 hours and i still can click and enlarge screens , while on a different flight it crashs after 6 hours ..really don't get it ..

http://puu.sh/kMp3z/417c715fb9.jpg

My error code is the same as yours Dan , my knowledge about error codes isn 't that great so just asked him if he could look into these problems we have and e mailed him this error and this was his response , but i looked into my dx setup and i have also the latest wich if it isn't the latest it is actually installed bij pmdg after running the 777 setup .

Prepar3D.exe
560b4abe
MSVCR120.dll
524f7ce6
c0000005
000345ac
20c
01d104ddf359e7d0
D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR120.dll
90a116be-70f3-11e5-8cb9-c038962f4ad0

downscc

Postby downscc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Okay... I checked with Microsoft and the BEX is a buffer overflow exception code c000000d.
You and I are seeing exception code c0000005: Access Violation.

Two different things so not sure why Kyle went in the direction of the BEX. He is much smarter than I am so I am not second guessing him.

Like Beau implied, the access violation is triggered when the program tries to access memory that it does not own. A common error is when an address pointer is used that is not initialized so it has a value of zero and the zero address space belongs to Windows and it says no-no you can't go there. The exception offset in the error message is the clue to where the program wanted to go but you'd have to have a suite of programming tools to make use of it.

I need to stick to my 3.5 hr flight because it has a 100% of CTD in less than 3.2 hr with everything normal. What I'll have to do is run a flight without an error longer and that should cover the certainty variable. How much longer? Not enough samples.
Dan Downs
KCRP

gerard2101

Postby gerard2101 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi Dan, just completed a flight , no problems ...just P3D with PMDG installed with raas in dll, only difference this time was that i did not used OPUS for the cameras...could it be ...? although i know you don't run OPUS..

http://puu.sh/kMqSg/6eef10c1ff.jpg

In 1 hour i m going to install ASN and repeat the same flight , again everything else default ....

RVxSpeed

Postby RVxSpeed » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:17 pm

okay tested with an 2hrs flight.nope.it ended up with the same error.interestingly i tried to replace the .dll file.seems that the file was locked by some process.however the screenshot tells a different story indeed.but,after unlocking the process after copying the .dll file from internet.my logitech software failed to load at startup.so,i revert the original file back into it's location.i don't know what the hell is going on.i am going mad here.
btw,this time i tested with the latest opus version dedicated for p3dv3.

gerard2101

Postby gerard2101 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:59 pm

hi ,, could you try to ron only the pmdg without opus , no weather no opus cameras , use the def camera vieuw

RVxSpeed

Postby RVxSpeed » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:19 pm

gerard2101 wrote:hi ,, could you try to ron only the pmdg without opus , no weather no opus cameras , use the def camera vieuw

will try it tomorrow.

downscc

Postby downscc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:50 pm

I don't have opus, use only default cameras. I use a trackball instead of a mouse to pan/zoom and like it.

Finished a NO CTD trip, same KDFW-KSFO but I let it fly the missed approach hold for awhile total time 3+38.

Use default config, default scenery and allowed ASN. So only PMDG and ASN.

I've ruled out ASN twice now so looking pretty good for HiFi. Starting next trial now KSFO-KORD ETE 3+43 with same as above but now allowing my full scenery.cfg to load. Still inhibiting vistamare, couatl, bglmanx, raas and fsuipc.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.
Dan Downs
KCRP

gerard2101

Postby gerard2101 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Dan ,

in air now 2.25 , with PMDG + ASN , no prob so far . great to hear you finally finished a flight without CTD..
when this flight doesn't give me any problems i m going to install FB KIAD and FT LOWW and going to fly online tomorrow , but still no FSUIPC or OPUS ,

PS , i might be wrong but are you sure vistamare is compatible with P3D??

keep you informed ,

have a nice evening and thanks for keeping this thread updated , hope we can track this problem

Gerard

downscc

Postby downscc » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Very good question! I've paid no attention because I don't/won't have AES but I guess vistamare is used for animations in the mega airports?

I found a post this month from the AES developer saying it's a long tunnel to getting P3D compliance. My last trip with no CTD and current trip neither has vistamare allowed. I keep it blocked in the dll.xml. Current trip is with ASN and all scenery but no other dll or exe running. No vistamare, fsuipc, couatl etc. I am about 2 hr into it with no problems.
Dan Downs
KCRP

gerard2101

Postby gerard2101 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:53 pm

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/to ... in-p3d-25/

post 8

Hi Dan , been browsing some forums but i really think that vistamare isn't compatible with P3d , could this be the thing that triggers the error on your sytem ??..

I m in the middle of my flight , 4.33 hours in the air . no problems ..pmdg +asn without OPUS cameras...

Gérard

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”