PMDG P3D v3 crash after few hours

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
gerard2101

Re: P3Dv3 CTD Event 1000 MSVCR120.dll

Post by gerard2101 »

Hi Beau ,

i only have the PMDG 777 for P3D so can only comment on that , but a few days ago in one of my testflights i had only P3d installed together with the777 , let the flight end in a hold over LAMSO just to check how long it would take before it crashed but it didn't..before starting P3D i copied the MSVCR120.dll file from my laptop to my main pc , just to make sur that this file wasn't corrupted

Yesterday i installed ASN in it , and at the end it crashed again ..everytime the same error ...

Right now doing again the same test flight but before i started P3D i installed ASN on my main pc ( had ASN installed on my laptop , works fine in fsx) and copied again the MSVCR120.dll file from my labtop to my main pc wich runs onlyP3d , no other programs .. and P3D is running for more than 13.54 hours allready , 11.29 hours sitting on the runway fully configured for t.o with engines running and the last 2.35 hours in flight cruising...

i really can t figure out what is going on , i had P3Dv3 right from release , installed ASN and PMDG with no problems at all in the first days , suddenly out of the blue these problems began without installing something different , i didn't even wanted to install something different because next weekend is CTP and my P3D worked great ..

Gérard
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

gerard2101 wrote: Yesterday i installed ASN in it , and at the end it crashed again ..everytime the same error ...
From your last two or three reports it sounds like it only happens when using ASN (a SimConnect client) over the Network -- I think you had good results with ASN on the same PC and P3D. So it seems to point to the networking side of SimConnect, doesn't it?

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
downscc

Post by downscc »

Interesting feedback from HiFi. My source for that information (who is using MSVCR120) came from Process Explorer, click on Menu item Find and enter the dll. It then has a list of active applications, which I thought was a list of applications using that ddl but apparently not. The lack of tools for troubleshooting this problem is frustrating.

I am not using ASN across a network. I kept thinking it was ASN because that is what changed at the time my problems started but cannot support that.

I finished a flight yesterday without a CTD, only the second flight out of ten that did not have an identical CTD. In both cases, I rem'd out the L CDU in the NGX panel.cfg such that when clicking the popup click spot the only thing that happens is the cursor changes. Remove the popup and the CTD is gone. Like HiFi, PMDG uses Visual Studio 2010 so they have a valid alibi.

I'm not a very knowledgeable geek, most of what I know about programming is self taught so I am in beyond my abilities. I'll just keep on going until it's resolved.

Please keep updating this thread from your end.
Dan Downs
KCRP
jffry0112

Post by jffry0112 »

@Gerard2101
I have several red faults in my logbook.
The only thing that i can found is from Ezdok.

I don't know if Ezdok is compatible with P3d V3, but i used this methode to get it working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUcA9PEhx9U

Naam van toepassing met fout: EZCA.exe, versie: 1.1.8.6, tijdstempel: 0x2a425e19
Naam van module met fout: unknown, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x00000000
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0xf1210000
Id van proces met fout: 0x32ac
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d1075f3610e0f5
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe
Pad naar module met fout: unknown
Rapport-id: aa6d2bb8-6883-46aa-b9bf-5af918aa590b
Volledige pakketnaam met fout:
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:
gerard2101

Post by gerard2101 »

Hi Dan,

just an update: at 1800Z my plane was still in the air an I still could click all the buttons without crashing. This is with ASN installed on my main pc.

Before I started P3D at 2345Z last night, I copied MSVCR120.dll file from my laptop to my gaming pc. Could it be that when installing PMDG or ASN this file get corrupted?

Gérard
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

It is not safe to assume that a plug-in built in vs2010 could not be causing the crash. Add-on dlls could register a a callback with Prepar3D using a bad memory address for example. In this case Prepar3D would crash later in code compiled in vs2013 when trying to call that function using a bad memory address. If the crash cannot be reproduced without add-ons, i would suggest you test add-on one at a time.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Also, it's unlikely that there is an issue with you vs120 dll. Crashing it that dll just means that the a utility function provided by the that dll was probably being used when the crash occurred. The c runtime dll provides many commonly used utility functions. If bad pointers are passed to any of these functions, they may get an access violation and crash.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
gerard2101

Post by gerard2101 »

Hi Dan,

Are you using a program for your camera's lik EZdoc or Opus?

Gérard
downscc

Post by downscc »

No EZdoc or Opus.

I've stripped P3D back to default configuration. Default scenery only, and only PMDG dlls (I do not have any other aircraft to test), although I didn't want it the couatl.exe loaded because I forgot to get into exe.xml. No ASN or bglman.

I understand everything that is said about the redistributals. I downloaded latest from MS and installed/repaired just to rule them out. Turns out to have solved one minor problem when running an Italian version but that is getting off track.

I removed P3Dv2 from my system using control panel. I'm not using it.

I just finished my KDFW-KSFO test run with default configuration, no CTD. This trial had been run 10 times previously with eight CTDs all the same access violation so I am happy with this result. The only abnormality was external model was missing aft textures, looks like skin is missing. I've rolled back my nVidia driver for next run.

Going to make another run adding everything back.

Thank you very much Beau for following and providing insight.
Dan Downs
KCRP
gerard2101

Post by gerard2101 »

Update 2040Z;
aircraft still flying without crash, no problem with pushing the buttons or enlaring the screens.
next report when I'm back from work in 5 hours

Gérard
downscc

Post by downscc »

Just had a CTD after putting the configuration back to my normal. Recall just finished the same trial with only PMDG dlls and couatl.exe loading, default config and scenery. Logically it is something in the normal configuration other than PMDG or couatl.exe.

This crash was like many others, I had clicked on a couple of popup click spots okay then a click on a popup click spot results in a crash. For some reason, someone is handing msvcr120 a bad address.

Using AppCrashView, it looks like this:

Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=Prepar3D.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=3.0.10.14945
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=560b4abe
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=MSVCR120.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=12.0.21005.1
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=524f7ce6
Sig[6].Name=Exception Code
Sig[6].Value=c0000005
Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[7].Value=000345ac

I'm loosing track, I think this is nine identical failures out of twelve trials.
Dan Downs
KCRP
gerard2101

Post by gerard2101 »

Hi Dan , just got back from work,

P3dv3 was still running with the 777, could use all the clickspots without problems, total time P3d was running was over 24 hours without crashing , aircraft flying over 13 hours....like you said something is triggering the error , but apparently not allways...

I only have pmdg for P3d so that is the only plane i can test .

I think i m going to reinstall everything ,maybe go back to my previous video driver ,,,and start over just to see if we don't miss anything , i hate it when i have to reinstall windows too especially before cross the pond...
RVxSpeed

Post by RVxSpeed »

me too having this issue.please someone kindly tell us the solution.it's making me mad.happens randomly whenever i click something on pmdg777 PFD,ND or anything of course after sometime,never on initial or preflight.on cruise it happens after 3hrs+.
addons: pmdg777,opusfsi,raaspro,ivap,fsuipc,orbxftx global,777 immersion.
gerard2101

Post by gerard2101 »

Hi RXvSpeed,goodmorning and welcomt to the club...

yep , it is the same error wich Dan and i have , Dan and i are trying to find the cause but don't get much further .
What i do see is that you have a few addons running wich i had also in the beginning ( immersion opusfsx fsuipc ftxglobal) but after 6 reinstalls i only have P3D running with PMDG777 and ASN to find the error and it still crashes .

Last night i reinstalled again (wonder how many times i can reinstall before it get a warning ) and now running only P3D with the 777 , started P3D at 0155Z , let the plane sit on the runway, fully configured for T.O , after sitting on the rw for 5.40 hours i took off heading EHAM . I m using the same flight for testing , EHAM KIAH

Now cruising for 20 minutes , sofar no problems

The best thing you can do is to run just P3D with the pmdg 777 , make a test flight from a few hours and try again and if i were you i reinstaleed and PMDG first , it takes about 15 minutes but you have a clean P3d running for testing .If there are no problems add another addon and try again, i know it's no fun , but it hink it's the only way right now until someone knows what is causing this , Dan and i are allready working on this for a few days without results so far and we thought we were the only ones , thankfully for us (not for you i know ) it seems there are others with the same problem...

Hope you join the testing so it may become clear were the fault is comming from ,

Maybe some Lockheed developers will look into this problem now , it seems there are more people with this problem .

we will keep this thread updated ,

Gérard
gerard2101

Post by gerard2101 »

Hi ,
A few minutes ago i got an answer from Kyle Rodgers from PMDG ,, see below.. might be worth to try ...

The BEX MSVCR90.dll CTD issue you're experiencing is most likely being caused by an improper DirectX runtime configuration on your PC. The NGX installer attempts to install the correct runtimes, but some users have canceled this install thinking their DirectX is already up to date. This is usually not the case, DirectX runtimes are regularly updated by Microsoft and are not the same thing as the overall DirectX version (ie 9, 10, 11) installed on your PC.

To fix this please install the following DirectX Runtime updater (uncheck the option to install the "Bing Bar" which is just crapware they try to install to your browser):
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

If you receive any strange errors while installing this referring to cabinet files not being trusted, cryptographic services etc, please close down the installer and navigate to and delete the contents of the following folder:

32-bit Windows versions:
C:\Windows\System32\directx\websetup

64-bit Windows version:
C:\Windows\SysWow64\directx\websetp

Rerun the DirectX installer and it should now work.

Kyle Rodgers
Technical Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC
www.precisionmanuals.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 05:45:00 -0500
To: Product Support
Subject: problems

hi ,the last days dan and mmyself having big problems with p3dv3 pmdg and asn , we don 't know whats causing this and allready exchanged thoughts about it in the ASN and p3d forums , i include the links in this post .could you please have a look at it , the error code is MSVCR120.dll
Thanks in advance ..
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=113995

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=113944

http://www.hifisimtech.com/forums/showt ... VCR120-dll