Yet again - flying houses and OOMs

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
minime

Post by minime »

I also have flying houses in multiple locations. Just wanted to add to that a +1. :P
Japo32

Post by Japo32 »

But I think P3D v2 had a better VAS management.. those things are supposed not to waste memory. For example, the other day I loaded an airport by mistake at night. I had 1.7gb free, but I changed daytime.. and I had at the end 1gb free.. Why P3Dv2 don't free the night textures in the VAS memory? It should do it... or unload from VAS the scenery that is flown away.... But it doesn't do it.

But this people are talking about VAS problems in default P3Dv2.1 with no addoms. The new upgrades in DX11 are great.. but what are they for if we cannot use them because this problem. For me this is the most important problem in P3Dv2.x

jfail

Post by jfail »

Quote:
Quote from pmb on February 13, 2014, 05:20

Hi,

I get OOMs continually after installing the patch, now. I ran ProcessExplorer besides P3D2 to observe VAS usage continually growing on a short flight from Dublin to Gormanston in IRL ORBX from around 2.5 GB to 4 GB. First I made the flight in the Alabeo Cutlass, next in the LM C150, with essentially the same result.

I only installed Addons being said compatible to Prepar3d2, i.e. ORBX IRL, NIR, AUS, Global, Pilot's Ultimate Mesh, a bunch of FSDreamteam Airports, Simaddon Airports (P3D2 versions), FSUIPC, the Cutlass, I think that's it, nothing using the Migration Tool. I should add I use the Saitek Panels (using SPAD drivers) + 9 FIPs, but did this before in 2.0 and 1.4. Of course, it's still possible one of the Addons being responsible, I'll make more investigations as time permits.

I've to add I got VERY rarely OOMs in 2.0.

Kind regards, Michael

Same problems here. I never had a single OOM in 2.0, now I am getting them pretty often in 2.1. I also have the Panels, 9 FIP's using SPAD etc. Not much in the way of addons other than OPUS, a couple of MegaSceneryEarth 2.0(Arizona/Colorado) etc.

I have not installed any of my ORBX addons waiting for the P3D V2 installers to be available so I don't have much added on at all.

kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

I will try a complete reinstall, just to be sure. It's not too much of work as I have just a few sceneries installed and I know my settings and other addons. I'll keep you posted!
Sudden81

Post by Sudden81 »

Posted wrong thred
gabrielgiacomino

Post by gabrielgiacomino »

I got some crzy fps and some really good smoothness but get OOMs. therres nothing we can do that can help?
Mickeyj

Post by Mickeyj »

I encounter OOMs too but only in add on scenery for the moment. But the strange thing is I hve P3D2 installed on my PC and on my bootcamped MacBook Pro late 2013. PC OOM galore in ORBX AU SP4. On my Mac no OOM whatsoever... Both sims has been patched. I tried a vanila cfg on the PC still OOM there but it took some more time to ran into it. Got do some more research.
Mickeyj

Post by Mickeyj »

I encounter OOMs too but only in add on scenery for the moment. But the strange thing is I hve P3D2 installed on my PC and on my bootcamped MacBook Pro late 2013. PC OOM galore in ORBX AU SP4. On my Mac no OOM whatsoever... Both sims has been patched. I tried a vanila cfg on the PC still OOM there but it took some more time to ran into it. Got do some more research.
Dave215

Post by Dave215 »

have the same problem with P3Dv2.1 OOMs, in version v2.0 I doesn´t have this problem with the same graphic settings.

I can´t execute one flight without OOM crash. Its very frustrating!

have try with lower settings same crash OOM.

What can I do?

pls help.

GTX 680oc 2gb
kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

Meanwhile I reinstalled P3D v2.1 completely. Same settings but I installed just fully P3D compatible sceneries (FSDT).

Still the same: OOM after around 3 hours.
Artus407

Post by Artus407 »

for me it takes only half an hour to get an OOM at 3.5 GB VAS. Videomemory used at 15%.

with 2.0 i was able to complete the same flight without OOM at 3.2 GB VAS.

This piece of software makes me sicker and sicker. i really wonder what i should think about the hole f...... situation
franciscomv

Post by franciscomv »

I have done a clean installation and after 10 minutes of flying I get OOM. I use the same addon and aircraft in V2 an never had a problem.

Some solution or answer from LM please?

Francisco Mateos
PP

Post by PP »

Quote:
Quote from minime on February 13, 2014, 12:03

I also have flying houses in multiple locations. Just wanted to add to that a +1. :P

Lucky mate! I can't see if the houses are flying, i got ooms before
slayer616

Post by slayer616 »

Quote:
Quote from kikigey89 on February 13, 2014, 08:09

Have now OOMs, too. With v2.0 I had no OOMs. Up to now the OOMs occurred after around 3 hours.

I followed the instructions and deleted the four user folders before patching so I had fresh user files. After patching I set the same settings as for v2.0. The only difference is that http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html seems to be down now and I could not use that tool as for v2.0.

I wouldn't use Bjote tweaks on 2.0 and later - a lot of things it sets don't apply like highmemfix and bufferpool etc. No telling what the other setting will do...
Sailhank

Post by Sailhank »

Please take a look at the houses at 5,000 feet 1 mile north of 3DW. Due to a well planned decent for landing I was able to fly beneath them.