P3D and The Upcoming Win 10 OS Update

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

I suspect I will not be alone in wanting to update my OS to Win 10 after 29th July.

However, even though my system is not exclusively used for P3D, I will be reluctant to update my OS where LM do not confirm compatibility.

Can LM please comment as to the likely compatibility of P3D V2.5 and Win 10 and the plans to achieve that?

E.G. should we expect NO compatibility until a future release of P3D or some other comment/information/timescales/timelines etc would be kindness indeed.

Many thanks,

BG2518-Bob.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

I don't believe we will go back and change the official system requirements for already released versions of Prepar3D, but our hope is that both v1 and v2 will work fine in Win10. With so many combinations of drivers and add-ons used throughout the community, it's hard to predict what forms of issues users may encounter, but we have received feedback from a few windows insiders indicating that Prepar3D has worked in most of the preview builds. I've heard the Win10 update runs fairly quickly and that there is an option to revert back if need be.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
kand

Post by kand »

I guess the million dollar question, what benefit is there in upgrading to P3d? everybody is looking forward to DX12, I look forward to seeing what advances and benefits DX12 bring to the P3d platform, I am guessing we will need to await v3
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

i'm rather interested in this myself, although I don't really relish the thought of installing a new os which may have consequences with my other programs i'm certainly watching with interest to see whether it lives up to expectations
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

Thankyou Beau for an answer that will help all of us make our own individual choices.

I get the feeling that support, be it official (win 7) or unofficial (win 10) will still be there to be best degree possible via yourselves and all the other users in our community as we all want the best from P3D.

Thanks again.

BG2518-Bob.