Could P3D v2 have an option to sharpen and contrast all inside?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Japo32

Postby Japo32 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:00 am

Hello!

I know this is an user preference. Not saying what is best or not. For P3D v2 is too washed up.. too blurry and not so contrast. For that I use SweetFX.. that it works great as you can see in these 2 images (Click on them to see original image size):

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/Japo32/P3DBlurComparison1_zps7c07c9dd.jpg~original[/img]

[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d62/Japo32/P3DBlurComparison2_zpsb9b747b7.jpg~original[/img]

My question is, if P3D could include these options inside P3D v2.x in future.. we can use Sweetfx.. but was compatible not so long ago.. P3D v2 can break the compatibility in future so we will miss these functions.

For sure it can be done inside P3D v2 including some libraries and making another menu in the visual part. Would be great!

Thanks!

By the way.. I don't know if this is an issue of P3D or because I have Sweetfx in P3D v2. I fly in window mode. full window to fill all the screen. If I minimize it.. to P3D rescale to new window, sometimes it makes a CTD. Please take a look.

Thanks!

Saul

Postby Saul » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:59 pm

I agree SweetFX looks better I have tried it but removed it because of delays when accessing the menu items.

Perhaps gamma correction would be appropriate also.

The Prepar3D.cfg file has this entry SSAA=0 which I currently have set to this SSAA=4 with zero loss of frames.

Maybe SSAA can also be put into the Graphics options GUI.

Regards,

Saul.

Relax

Postby Relax » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:18 pm

SSAA=4 improved the image quality on my system considerably. 8-)

Does it mean Super Sampling Anti Aliasing?

Mazo43

Postby Mazo43 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:26 pm

Quote:

Quote from PinoyAir on December 31, 2013, 13:59

I agree SweetFX looks better I have tried it but removed it because of delays when accessing the menu items.

Perhaps gamma correction would be appropriate also.

The Prepar3D.cfg file has this entry SSAA=0 which I currently have set to this SSAA=4 with zero loss of frames.

Maybe SSAA can also be put into the Graphics options GUI.

Regards,

Saul.

Yes it does slow down the menus so I simply hit "Scroll/Lock" to disable SweetFX and then hit "Scroll/Lock" again after viewing the menu to restore SweetFx. Takes but a second to disable/enable. SweetFx makes quite a difference.

Lyn

Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”