Lack of ozone contribution in EA sky

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jgoggi

Re: Lack of ozone contribution in EA sky

Post by jgoggi »

BiologicalNanobot wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:41 pm Hi,

A new version of the Enhanced Atmospherics sky and cloud ozone tweak is finally ready. Be noted that the mod is only compatible with Prepar3D v5.3 HF1 + Update.

Changelog:

- Added separate controls for sky & cloud brightness, saturation and ozone levels during day, twilight and night - these controls can be found in FuncLibrary.fxh between lines 546-568. Be noted that after changing these values, you should clear your shader cache by deleting %localappdata%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v5/Shaders folder and restart Prepar3D.
- Added tweak for 2D cloud coloration
- Fixed an issue where some objects (especially airport objects) would not blend with this modification properly

Installation Instructions:

1. Go to your Prepar3D v5 main folder/ShadersHLSL, find FuncLibrary.fxh, DeferredComposite.fx, Cloud.fx files and create a backup for them.
2. Open the files mentioned in step 1 using a text editor, and replace the contents of them with the respective codes provided below.
3. Clear your shader cache by deleting %localappdata%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v5/Shaders folder.

Here are the links for the codes:

FuncLibrary.fxh: https://controlc.com/ff9c5c12
DeferredComposite.fx: https://controlc.com/0f209599
Cloud.fx: https://controlc.com/a652b240

Hi,
Are these mods still valid for v5.3 HF2?
Thank you!
BAWV12

Post by BAWV12 »

jgoggi :
Check my video, it worked.
boeingp3d

Post by boeingp3d »

With the tweaks sky at night is too clear no haze at all I can see to the horizon in cloudy skies. Summer heat should be haze at night and if the moon is lighting up the sky it should reflect off that like the clouds do. On ground 45c outside the haze on the horizon should prevent me from seeing the edge and stars. Similar in flight the night is too clear. Have encountered the lack of haze at night for many versions if it can be fixed in tweaks.
BiologicalNanobot

Post by BiologicalNanobot »

jgoggi wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:32 pm
BiologicalNanobot wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:41 pm Hi,

A new version of the Enhanced Atmospherics sky and cloud ozone tweak is finally ready. Be noted that the mod is only compatible with Prepar3D v5.3 HF1 + Update.

Changelog:

- Added separate controls for sky & cloud brightness, saturation and ozone levels during day, twilight and night - these controls can be found in FuncLibrary.fxh between lines 546-568. Be noted that after changing these values, you should clear your shader cache by deleting %localappdata%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v5/Shaders folder and restart Prepar3D.
- Added tweak for 2D cloud coloration
- Fixed an issue where some objects (especially airport objects) would not blend with this modification properly

Installation Instructions:

1. Go to your Prepar3D v5 main folder/ShadersHLSL, find FuncLibrary.fxh, DeferredComposite.fx, Cloud.fx files and create a backup for them.
2. Open the files mentioned in step 1 using a text editor, and replace the contents of them with the respective codes provided below.
3. Clear your shader cache by deleting %localappdata%/Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v5/Shaders folder.

Here are the links for the codes:

FuncLibrary.fxh: https://controlc.com/ff9c5c12
DeferredComposite.fx: https://controlc.com/0f209599
Cloud.fx: https://controlc.com/a652b240

Hi,
Are these mods still valid for v5.3 HF2?
Thank you!
Hi,

I didn't have time to install v5.3 HF2, but according to what people say the shaders are unchanged between v5.3 HF1 and v5.3 HF2, so it should work just fine. I still wish LM exposed trueSKY atmosphere parameters in a configuration file so we wouldn't have to deal with shader tweaks, but for now this is the best that can be done.
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Thank you. Unfortunately I had to roll back to HF1 because with HF2 + Envshade + Active Sky 8054 + your 3 modified shader files I have a ugly gray band at night on the horizon, that does not occur with HF1 + Envshade + AS 8027 + your 3 files. I think the issue may be caused by AS 8054, but, in order to go back to 8027, I don't think I can use HF2...
I need to use both your files (that address the issue of objects shining through the haze in the distance, not addressed by HF2) and Envshade, that give better colors and visual effects to the sim.
yoda1976

Post by yoda1976 »

I have the same in some circumstances or weather conditions with the last ASP3D and Prepar versions.

Tested today without this files here and restored all shaders to default. Same result.

So it makes no difference if you use this Ocon fix or not.

The only way for me is to set min visibility to 8/10 nm that fix that brown grey haze. But the price is not accurate visibility conditions.

Today I started from stuttgart and it was overcast and bad vis predicted. With snow.I had blue sky with heavy clouds here and there but no like when you have it default to 0. After change back to 0 it was overcast and quiet foggy again.

I hope someone will find a fix. 🙂

Good night Marius
disco79stu

Post by disco79stu »

Not sure if this belongs here, but I too have a strange grey horizon when using the above hack/fix.
Tried several combinations (legacy clouds / vol clouts / envshade on-off etc.), I always get this grey haze in the distance that really stands out against the clouds and doesn't look good. Can't recall having this pre-HF2, if I remember correctly it use to blend in with the sky pretty good in the distance.

sincedric

Post by sincedric »

disco79stu wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:56 pm Not sure if this belongs here, but I too have a strange grey horizon when using the above hack/fix.
Tried several combinations (legacy clouds / vol clouts / envshade on-off etc.), I always get this grey haze in the distance that really stands out against the clouds and doesn't look good. Can't recall having this pre-HF2, if I remember correctly it use to blend in with the sky pretty good in the distance.
It was mentioned a few pages back, it is the volumetric fog layer, will be colorized like the clouds in a later update.
disco79stu

Post by disco79stu »

sincedric wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 pm
It was mentioned a few pages back, it is the volumetric fog layer, will be colorized like the clouds in a later update.
Missed that, thanks for the info.
yoda1976

Post by yoda1976 »

sincedric wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:14 pm
disco79stu wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:56 pm Not sure if this belongs here, but I too have a strange grey horizon when using the above hack/fix.
Good Morning. I have this probleme even with default shaders. So it is not only with you fix here. :)

It is really anoying. You can avoid that for the moment to set minimum visibility to 10nm. But then you won`t have accurate low vis conditions like predicted.
disco79stu

Post by disco79stu »

yoda1976 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:03 am
Good Morning. I have this probleme even with default shaders. So it is not only with you fix here. :)

It is really anoying. You can avoid that for the moment to set minimum visibility to 10nm. But then you won`t have accurate low vis conditions like predicted.
Yeah, you're right, it's indeed the same with default shaders.
Really a shame how broken the whole visuals are, no matter which mode you choose. EA has this, non-EA has haze issues etc. etc. ...
It's getting so complicated to iron this all out, I which LM would just focus on one technology approach but then get this one right.
Ollix99

Post by Ollix99 »

Here it will not work with the lastest Version of V5.3 i got allways a Black Sky, do all steps so as written down here.

Could Envshade be the problem ?
Using Envshade and Envtex with ActivSky 8054.
sincedric

Post by sincedric »

Ollix99 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:42 pm Here it will not work with the lastest Version of V5.3 i got allways a Black Sky, do all steps so as written down here.

Could Envshade be the problem ?
Using Envshade and Envtex with ActivSky 8054.
Sounds very much like it.
BAWV12

Post by BAWV12 »

For me, works perfectly in 5.3HF2 + AS8054 + ASCA, I do not use any other shader program.
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Someone tested it in VR (P3Dv5.3 HT2), does it work ok?
webmaster of www.yoyosims.pl
spec: W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, 32 RAM | P3Dv5 | VR only: HP Reverb G2