Anti-Aliasing is much worse in v5.3... This is ridiculous.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Ikarus280

Re: Anti-Aliasing is much worse in v5.3... This is ridiculous.

Post by Ikarus280 »

The shimmering is worse than FS9 at lower settings (I'm not kidding).

It was some years ago though, before Windows forced this desktop composition thing on...

Any insight from LM would be helpful, if it will be looked into. I don't want to move to X-plane but considering the numerous faults I might have to eventually.
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

I see what your talking about I have cut mine back to 4xssa because the toll it's taking on fps versus reward not worth it there is a definite problem with shimmering and jagged edges on the elevators. But I'll try the MFAA in the Nvidia control panel I have never ran it on. Thanks Darren for the MFAA tip.
Timma

Post by Timma »

Has this been fixed? this sim is crap time to move on , worst than kak fs9!!!
Airbumps

Post by Airbumps »

I agree that the AA in P3D is pretty average. That said, MFAA did make a bit of a difference without an FPS hit so thanks for that.
brianv

Post by brianv »

I had this problem, but have changed my display setting in Nvidia to Dynamic Super Resolution 2715x1527. It was still a problem, so I decided to completely uninstall HiFi Active Sky, and manually delete its folder. Then reinstalling it. Things are working perfectly now, no shimmer on edges and much better sky and fps. Hope this might help some.
PilotRaider14

Post by PilotRaider14 »

Hmm this could be attributed to HiFi Active Sky? Why would this happen if the software is already uninstalled to begin with?

That is strange. I'll give it a go and report back if it improves anything.
Intel i9 10900K|Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200MHz|2TB NVME 970 EVO Plus|EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080Ti | EVGA 850W G3 PSU
Windows 11 Pro | P3D, XP11, DCS World, MSFS.
Timma

Post by Timma »

Any news on a Fix?
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

Timma wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 pm Any news on a Fix?
Quote :

“I had this problem, but have changed my display setting in Nvidia to Dynamic Super Resolution 2715x1527. It was still a problem, so I decided to completely uninstall HiFi Active Sky, and manually delete its folder. Then reinstalling it. Things are working perfectly now, no shimmer on edges and much better sky and fps. Hope this might help some.”

Did you try this or do you only come by from time to time to drop little bombs .. ?
Airbumps

Post by Airbumps »

I'm always happy to hear and try possible solutions, but I'm not sure how Active Sky would be altering P3D's AA processing on things like runways and buildings......
Timma

Post by Timma »

Saldo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:02 pm
Timma wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 pm Any news on a Fix?
Quote :

“I had this problem, but have changed my display setting in Nvidia to Dynamic Super Resolution 2715x1527. It was still a problem, so I decided to completely uninstall HiFi Active Sky, and manually delete its folder. Then reinstalling it. Things are working perfectly now, no shimmer on edges and much better sky and fps. Hope this might help some.”

Did you try this or do you only come by from time to time to drop little bombs .. ?
If u dont have a solution why comment! i did a clean install of everything and tried deleting AS with out success. Been battling with this AA for a couple of months,this is very Annoying!! Hard to believe that AS has anything to do with AA.
brianv

Post by brianv »

No need for aggressiveness. It works for me, but I don't have any explanation for how or why. I only removed AS and its folders and reinstalled it, and since then things are fine. So yes I did try it and it worked for me, but it might not work for others. Just worth a try I guess, just my 5 cents. If it doesn't help in your P3D it must be something else.
valir

Post by valir »

As soon as I use volumetric clouds (medium or ultra) I get this, if the volumetric clouds option is OFF no artifacts on the edges.
I am using 5.3.15.28131 version.
Timma

Post by Timma »

i tried this but sadly still the same ,what monitor are u using?
valir

Post by valir »

Timma wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:21 pm i tried this but sadly still the same ,what monitor are u using?
I am using an Asus 28" 4K monitor, Anisotropic 16x and AA on 8xMSAA (my system specs are with the 5900x and 3080 Ti FTW3).
I also unchecked Amortize Clouds (Experimental) option, that reduce the issue when Volumetric clouds are not on OFF on my side.
Timma

Post by Timma »

Yes on 4k there is no issue, but on 1080p its more visible. Anyway i gave up im tied. Thanx for ur help.