Prepar3D V5.2 fails to load

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Chris Claridge

Re: Prepar3D V5.2 fails to load

Post by Chris Claridge »

I segregate my Steam games library on the HDD because I don't care as much about boot times and to keep my M.2 more than half available.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

In your P3Dv5 folder scroll down and find
Delete generated files
double click it and wait for it to finish ..... could that more than 10 seconds.

When it finishes
reboot PC

Start P3Dv5
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Chris Claridge

Post by Chris Claridge »

I'll have to re-install it. I spite deleted it after it failed out again.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Chris,

The error that you have is a memory access violation - again, something is trying to write to an area of RAM where it does not have access rights.

This error is the same for Win 10 and Win 11. Try to google the exception code from Event Viewer and you will see.

Deleting generated files will have no impact whatsoever on this error, which is caused by an add-on that is either badly programmed or incompatible with the version of P3D on which you are using it. Remember, some add-ons that work fine in P3D v. 4 will not necessarily work in P3D v. 5.

That add-on is what you have to isolate. Then post the error to its developer.

Jorgen
Last edited by JorgenSA on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Chris Claridge wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:06 am I'll have to re-install it. I spite deleted it after it failed out again.
@ Chris Claridge ,

Ok, no problem.

After the re-install.
Before adding any Add-ons.
Start P3d and let me know if it loaded ok.

Note:
Where I previously left off asking you to Delete Generated files was only a first step to get P3D to start.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Samh234

Post by Samh234 »

I think I can actually help with this one. I used to get it all the time on the Aerosoft buses. As I understand it anything that uses RAAS professional (which PMDG does) tries to use an old version of the Access Database (2010) and that is incompatible with Windows 10. The way I fixed it was to uninstall the 2010 database and install the most recent one (2016). Then the issues stopped.

Hope that helps.
Chris Claridge

Post by Chris Claridge »

Re-installing now. When I did this last time, it worked until I added add-ons back in.

@Samh234 I did have the Aerosoft Airbi installed when the first issue occurred, but they'd been installed for awhile. I did go ahead and uninstall the Access DB 2010 that was hanging out in my installed programs, and I won't be re-installing the Aerosoft products again even if I get this working correctly.
Chris Claridge

Post by Chris Claridge »

Re-installed, booted fine. First add-on up is the PMDG 737 base.
Chris Claridge

Post by Chris Claridge »

Samh234 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:15 pm I think I can actually help with this one. I used to get it all the time on the Aerosoft buses. As I understand it anything that uses RAAS professional (which PMDG does) tries to use an old version of the Access Database (2010) and that is incompatible with Windows 10. The way I fixed it was to uninstall the 2010 database and install the most recent one (2016). Then the issues stopped.

Hope that helps.
Well this was a weird way for it to break, but I'm pretty sure this is it.

Ran through the installer for the PMDG 737, booted fine. Ran the 747 and un-installed the 2010 Access DB and installed the 2016 Access DB, booted fine. Ran the 777 installer and the issue returned. Screamed obscenities at my monitor, then remembered the DB thing and checked my installed apps, boom both the 2010 and 2016 DB's were there. Un-installed the 2010 DB, ran the install for 2016, and it booted fine.

I don't know why it decided to break now, but I appreciate you giving me what will hopefully be the final fix.

What a whirlwind.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Samh234 and Chris,

Thanks to you both for posting this. Maybe this is the solution to the issue with MS Word that has come up so many times.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

Sorry for my 5 cents, but as I had the same problem months ago after upgrading an Office version by uninstall/reinstall,
the solution was much more simple: I downloaded the latest RAAS from their fs2crew website and install it.

Older Office 32bit versions and RAAS deliver this mso20win32client.dll library which is part of MS ACCESS database function.
If you uninstall Office, it doesn't know, mso20win32client.dll is needed by RAAS and removes it.
The next P3D start will hang at the moment, RAAS wants to access its database by mso20win32client.dll.

It seems, the guys at RAAS have solved this issue and packed this runtime library of MS ACCESS in their newer updates,
so in my case (after changing to a newer office version that doesn't deliver mso20win32client.dll), it was sufficient
to download the newest RAAS installer and execute it and P3D was startable again.

Be carefull to download the right RAAS installer, one for the unlimited version, the other for the aircraft-bound version.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Kevin,

Even better, no reason to be sorry for your 5 cents!

Jorgen

Samh234

Post by Samh234 »

JorgenSA wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:41 am Samh234 and Chris,

Thanks to you both for posting this. Maybe this is the solution to the issue with MS Word that has come up so many times.

Jorgen
Yeah I managed to find this on the RAAS developer forum but once I'd solved it I completely forgot to come back to here and let you guys know. Obviously the easier solution is just to download the updated RAAS but if you can't do that, then making sure you have the correct access database should fix the problem (as it has for me).
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

As far as I know, MS Access isn't part of every MS Office edition.
And RAAS needs MS Access 32bit, so replacing Office 32bit by Office 64bit is the same as removing Office from RAAS view.
The second hit in my case...