ILS Capture Fail

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JoaoRamos

ILS Capture Fail

Post by JoaoRamos »

Hello,
Just recently my prosim 737 has lost the capability to capture an ILS like it did in the past. I suspect the updated CDU airacs cycles from Navigraph are now in conflict with the P3D stock database and this mismatch is preventing correct ILS capture on many major airports.
I wasnt sure where to raise the question but is there a Lockheed Martin software to update the P3D database?? Navigraph only updates some addons. It makes no sense to update them when P3D does not give us an option to update the scenery database officially to match airac cycles.
Can someone point me to an official LM P3D data base software? Im not keen on installing 3rd party software because LM will not support if P3D gets somehow corrupted by this. Lockheed martin should provide P3D customers an official database update software either by subscription or free of charge.
Thanks and happy flying
Martyson

Re: ILS Capture Fail

Post by Martyson »

@ JoaoRamos ,

Which P3D product and version number are you using with Prosim 737 and Navigraph?

Which ILS does not work ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

The only way to update the database is included in any programmatic update (like 5.1 to 5.2), if LM has made any changes to the database content. There are no standalone database updates from LM.
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
dwsugden

Post by dwsugden »

Just for information, I have now lost the ability to capture the ILS. I am using Jeehell A320 software.

Very frustrating.

Darren
JoaoRamos

Post by JoaoRamos »

Thank you for reply,
Im using P3Dv5.1 with prosim 737 v3.07 on latest Navigraph cycle 2107.
This happens on several major airports but not all.
On PFD the ILS ID is correct( in white) but the course is yellow with a line through it. 3 degrees left and it goes white without line through it. Could be Mag. Declination error also. This behaviour suggests a mismatch between scenery and CDU airac info where data has suffered an update. Its come to a point where I can no longer trust the sim to capture ILS. Any ideas?
Regards,
Joao
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

JoaoRamos wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:13 am Thank you for reply,
Im using P3Dv5.1 with prosim 737 v3.07 on latest Navigraph cycle 2107.
This happens on several major airports but not all.
On PFD the ILS ID is correct( in white) but the course is yellow with a line through it. 3 degrees left and it goes white without line through it. Could be Mag. Declination error also. This behaviour suggests a mismatch between scenery and CDU airac info where data has suffered an update. Its come to a point where I can no longer trust the sim to capture ILS. Any ideas?
Regards,
Joao
@ JoaoRamos ,
Joao

I was asking which P3D ILS is not working?

I would like to test it with another aircraft.

Have you tested the ILS with a default P3D aircraft?
Best Regards,
JoaoRamos

Post by JoaoRamos »

Hello Martyson,
Thanks for reply. Im running full hardware cockpit with Prosim737 so I cannot test another acft on this PC.
I did test a PMDG 737 with same airac on same addon scenery without error and this was on P3Dv4.5. This should also produce a data mismatch however the PMDG model flys the ILS which is not realistic. I have yet to try disabling the addon scenery on the P3Dv5.1 machine and will give feedback with the Prosim737 on that. Recent errors occured at EDDF 07L and LPPR 17. Both addons however other addons did not produce ILS capture problem. Need to try some stock airports. Not everything changes with each airac so mismatch data will not occur everywhere although the Magnetic Declination mismatch is global but sinse error is not on all ILS this does not seem to be the cause. Im very confused heren on how Prosim model is reacting lately. Have you hears of others with this problem?
Thanks and regards,
Joao
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

JoaoRamos wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:40 am Hello Martyson,
Thanks for reply. Im running full hardware cockpit with Prosim737 so I cannot test another acft on this PC.
I did test a PMDG 737 with same airac on same addon scenery without error and this was on P3Dv4.5. This should also produce a data mismatch however the PMDG model flys the ILS which is not realistic. I have yet to try disabling the addon scenery on the P3Dv5.1 machine and will give feedback with the Prosim737 on that. Recent errors occured at EDDF 07L and LPPR 17. Both addons however other addons did not produce ILS capture problem. Need to try some stock airports. Not everything changes with each airac so mismatch data will not occur everywhere although the Magnetic Declination mismatch is global but sinse error is not on all ILS this does not seem to be the cause. Im very confused heren on how Prosim model is reacting lately. Have you hears of others with this problem?
Thanks and regards,
Joao
@ JoaoRamos ,
Joao

You mentioned:
“Im running full hardware cockpit with Prosim737 so I cannot test another acft on this PC.

You need to work directly with Prosim737 support.
Best Regards,
JoaoRamos

Post by JoaoRamos »

Will do Martyson. Others have had this problem also with other acft apparently so we may need to look at an official way to keep P3D in sync with airac cycles. Since most rely on Navigraph for that, is there a plan to give P3D customers the option to sync this data with the scenery database?
Regards,
Joao
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

JoaoRamos wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:58 am Will do Martyson. Others have had this problem also with other acft apparently so we may need to look at an official way to keep P3D in sync with airac cycles. Since most rely on Navigraph for that, is there a plan to give P3D customers the option to sync this data with the scenery database?
Regards,
Joao
@ JoaoRamos ,
Joao

Not that I know of.

Many pilots do not use Navigraph.

Note:
I do use Navigraph and no ILS problems to report flying PMDG (allows using default or Add-on scenery data) or any other aircraft.
Best Regards,
JoaoRamos

Post by JoaoRamos »

I noticed that too with PMDG however when the CDU data does not match the ground equipment, the mismatch should produce an error in the real acft so not sure if PMDG got that right vs Prosim.....
Regardless of who uses the airac cycles on acft, it makes perfect sense to keep the P3D scenery database up to date. As you stated not all use the cycles so maybe as with Navigraph these database update could be optional by subscription? There is already a third party software that does this but the data integration may not always go well so an official software to do this by LM would be a welcome feature.
Regards,
Joao
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

JoaoRamos wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:16 am I noticed that too with PMDG however when the CDU data does not match the ground equipment, the mismatch should produce an error in the real acft so not sure if PMDG got that right vs Prosim.....
Regardless of who uses the airac cycles on acft, it makes perfect sense to keep the P3D scenery database up to date. As you stated not all use the cycles so maybe as with Navigraph these database update could be optional by subscription? There is already a third party software that does this but the data integration may not always go well so an official software to do this by LM would be a welcome feature.
Regards,
Joao
@ JoaoRamos ,
Joao

You mentioned:

"I noticed that too with PMDG however when the CDU data does not match the ground equipment, the mismatch should produce an error in the real acft so not sure if PMDG got that right vs Prosim....."

Contact PMDG support for an answer.

Maybe ProSim737 will have an answer for you or possibly do as PMDG does.

When you run into any problem you could treat it like an equipment failure and:
Cancel the approach, request a visual, go around, go to alternate etc.

"an official software to do this by LM would be a welcome feature"
You could request it here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6317
Best Regards,
JoaoRamos

Post by JoaoRamos »

Thanks again for reply,
I will be in contact with Prosim about this.
I have treated this as an inflight fault and sometimes these errors also occur in real life.
But without updates it wont go away I guess.
Thanks for the feature request link.
Regards,
Joao
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

IMO, the issue with updating the nav database, is that the approaches are coded inside the payware third party airports which are supposed to match the P3D database. Updating the database can cause a mismatch where an approach may be coded inside the airport but doesn't exist in the updated database or vice versa.
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..