TOOL TIPS PROBLEM

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Stratocruiser

TOOL TIPS PROBLEM

Post by Stratocruiser »

I have enabled the feature TOOL TIPS, but it is not working. At best sometimes you get the tip when you put the curser on a gauge on the panel, but never when you put it on a switch. In some cases you do get the message, but after you have clicked on the switch does it then tell you what the switch is for.
Martyson

Re: TOOL TIPS PROBLEM

Post by Martyson »

Stratocruiser wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:24 pm I have enabled the feature TOOL TIPS, but it is not working. At best sometimes you get the tip when you put the curser on a gauge on the panel, but never when you put it on a switch. In some cases you do get the message, but after you have clicked on the switch does it then tell you what the switch is for.
@ Stratocruiser ,

Can you give an example aircraft and switch(s) to test?

Did you do a full P3D product install?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

The little tag that tells me what the switch or gauge is for (Cockpit Tool Tips is enabled in the option section) All aircraft. As an example the Carenado Commander 114 that came with the program. The Milviz Beaver addon plane. All planes
Also, there is no sound issued from the switches when I click on them like Avionics Master switch when I click on it to turn it on or off, all planes. All other switches also not issuing any sound when they are activated.
I did a full download and install after removing the 5.1 version.
Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Stratocruiser ,

If you start the default flight do you see a tool tip on the Parking Brake switch?

Best Regards,
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

No. Nothing.
But if I put the curser on the top right square in the red box under the Landing Gear Handel, I get one that says "Emergency Gear Handel". And as far as I can tell, that is the only place on the whole panel that says anything.
I have only checked a few default and a few addon planes, and none of them display any tool tips.
Thanks
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Stratocruiser,

First testing the switch.

If you hover you mouse pointer on the switch itself for a few seconds do you get a Tools Tip?

I do.
Best Regards,
Stratocruiser

Post by Stratocruiser »

I decided to do a re install. Deleted everything and did a new install. Now the Tool Tips is working. Must have been some corrupted file. Thanks for your help.