Error One is Greater than Zero

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jetpilot1980

Error One is Greater than Zero

Post by jetpilot1980 »

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I had my windows 10 wiped after a brownout from a thunderstorm... I am back up and running now; however, I have been getting a strange error message every time I start prepar3d (V4.5 HF3) a small dialogue box pops up that says "Error 1.0000000000000 is greater than 0.0000000000000" and the option to click "ok". It seems relatively benign in that once I click ok P3D loads normally; but wondering what could be causing this error or what should I be looking for? I looked in windows event viewer and there is nothing out of the ordinary while I see a list of content errors is there some specific type of p3d content error I should look for in the file? Thanks
Martyson

Re: Error One is Greater than Zero

Post by Martyson »

jetpilot1980 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:46 pm Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I had my windows 10 wiped after a brownout from a thunderstorm... I am back up and running now; however, I have been getting a strange error message every time I start prepar3d (V4.5 HF3) a small dialogue box pops up that says "Error 1.0000000000000 is greater than 0.0000000000000" and the option to click "ok". It seems relatively benign in that once I click ok P3D loads normally; but wondering what could be causing this error or what should I be looking for? I looked in windows event viewer and there is nothing out of the ordinary while I see a list of content errors is there some specific type of p3d content error I should look for in the file? Thanks
Did you do an Uninstall of P3D then a fresh P3D download / install of P3D?

Do you currently have Add-ons installed?

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... 00.347664/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
jetpilot1980

Post by jetpilot1980 »

I did do a partial un-install and re-install of the client, content, and scenery, but did not do a clean wipe as you mentioned I do have quite a bit of add-ons and have no desire to start completely from scratch. I actually keep my P3d installation on a separate e: drive so while Windows got wiped my P3D install was mostly intact... I do see this is often related to an issue with a .fx just wondering in the content errors file where it states:

[error.XX]
error=
File:
Section:
Key:

Is there a specific value I should be looking for to pin point the problem? Thanks
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The .fx files are effect files, is it always the same file that is referenced?

You might be missing one or more files, or maybe also have files that are incompatible with your P3D version.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
jetpilot1980

Post by jetpilot1980 »

That's the issue, yes I know what .fx files are but it does not say which specific one... So the question becomes is there an error=value or key= value that will isolate the specific problem file(s)...
mpni

Post by mpni »

In your effects folder, do a list by date.
You will see all last modifications on your effects files.
regards
michel
jetpilot1980

Post by jetpilot1980 »

So after a bit of time pulling out effects and isolating them based on recently installed... I finally found the culprits they were in my P3D add-ons folder under the AFLT add-on. The offending files were:

BaseEffect.fx
BaseEffect_Mipped.fx
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

jetpilot1980 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:47 am So after a bit of time pulling out effects and isolating them based on recently installed... I finally found the culprits they were in my P3D add-ons folder under the AFLT add-on. The offending files were:

BaseEffect.fx
BaseEffect_Mipped.fx
@ jetpilot1980 ,

As I had previously asked:
Do you currently have Add-ons installed?

Glad to hear you found the Add-on with the problem.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)