Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:00 am
Hi guys at LM.
I know how hard this time for you all must be. Covid-19, competitor on the market, DX12 with issues implemented, new truesky, new NvidiaWaveworks, and so far and so on!
But I would like to give you also some positive feedback!
I know that mostly the tickets are complains, issues, negative feedback, etc. So here is a little "change" to brake the wall for you!
First of all. THANKS A LOT FOR DX12!
It was a big step, and feels like we are still not there, BUT it is already so much better and PERFORMANCE IS GREAT!
Positive things I did notice:
- Nice lighting within the Sim
- Great stability overall. Almost no CTD!
- FOG is Awesome with EA!!!
- Volumetric clouds are definitely the way to go, looks nice already compared to 2D cloud shapes (I fly only WMR HP REVERB
- Very Nice Moonlight and Moontexture
- QUICK SIM Startup time. Loading has become way faster compared to prior V4.X versions!
- much improved colors generally spoken. Less dull and dreadful. This counts for Daytime, Nighttime but unfortunately not for dawn and dusk. Those 2 should be improved
So I hope this does motivate and encourage you to go on! MSFS is NOT an option for me as P3D gives most of that I need within a simulator!
Some things I would like to see changed to make P3D even BETTER as it already is (for EA only)
- less "mesh-popping" Ground-textures (at least I thought it was worse with prior P3D V4.X versions
- replacing the cloudlayer as clouds are way to high at horizon. They raise up to much instead of matching the earth and thhe layer is flat instead of following the earth shape
- Much lesser RED/ORANGE sky color at Dawn and Dusk
- Less Cloud Grid especially when looking top down
AKA: P3D is truly getting better and better. Enhancing some visuals would be great now as the technical base is very stable...it seems!
- Less Sunlight when overcast condition or below thicker clouds. Too much light at the moment
Again Thanks and take care!
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:22 pm
Same feeling here, very happy with the progress in p3d v5.1 HF1.
Thank you very much LM!
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:27 pm
If you all are in the USA, happy thanksgiving and enjoy yourselves!
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK,Black Edition Motherboard; Intel I7-4790K CPU; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win 10 Pro (1909); 2 - Samsung 1Tb SSDs; Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte 1080ti Extreme 11 Gb VRAM. P3D v5 HF2
- Posts: 124
- Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 pm
Great Job LM,
You guys really delievered on this release and right before the holidays. Since no family travel happening this year, I am gonna be simming next week. Very stable and rock solid release.
Entire Prepar3d Team - Thank You, and to do all the beta testers/devs like Rob A, Simbol, and many others. Thank you for making the sim super stable with 5.1HF1
Lets see even more impressive release in the next 6 months time frame for 5.2!!!!
Have a very Happy thanksgiving and please be safe.
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:04 pm
Lets go flying... thanks Lockheed.
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:15 pm
Let me add my congratulations for a great hot fix!
Thank you LM
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:53 am
- Location: Australia
Thanks LM a great update thanks
MB Gigabyte Aorus Z390 master CPU i7 8700K @4.7 ghz GPU Gigabyte gtx 1070 Ti Memory 16ghz Corsair DDR4 Vengeance C16 3200mhz Cooler Noctua NH-D15 with 2 fans Power Supply Corsair HX850 850W Case Thremaltake level 20xt Windows 10 64 bit
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:44 pm
I have to agree with this. I don't use EA (I actually prefer the other look!), but this update has fixed some small effects and shader glitches in non-EA, and performance is just outstanding. Thanks very much.
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 pm
- Location: USA Fla KTPA/X39
I agree on most points.
All in all, a VERY good update.
EVGA Z390 Dark ; i9 9900k ; 32gig Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 ; EVGA 2080 RTX XC ; Creative SB Audigy Rx
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:25 pm
Same here !!!!!!! Great Job .....THANK YOU LM :)
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:09 am
I think that P3D has achieved a major breakthrough in EA.
flight instructor of Airbus A319/A320/A321
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 12:26 am
Yes, this is a great hotfix, Thank you LM for Prepar3d and letting us flight simmers fly your sim, your taking it in the right direction.
Great work, keep going :)
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:17 am
I want to add my thanks to the team for this latest update. It is looking greater than ever and EA is already fantastic. I only spotted a few issues at the wing tip or mountain tops when clouds are low, but nothing too distracting and the lighting is superb. Awesome!
Return to “Prepar3D Client Application Questions”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: doc4711, mwgfx and 80 guests