[ANSWERED] sdk 3ds max 2012 x64, menus loading exponentially

wardorichie

Postby wardorichie » Fri May 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Today is first run of the new x64 plugin for AcesTools.

Every time I open up 3dsmax 2012, the pluggin loads and multiple instances are loaded, each time.

Example:

I load sdk pluggin, I restart 3dsmax, the two menus are now visible (Aces Tools & ACES Documentation), all is well, right? No.

I restart 3ds max 2012, the pluggin loads and now there are 2 Aces Tools and 2 ACES Documentation menus at top

I restart 3ds max 2012........now 4 menus

I restart.......now 6

I must delete path to prevent this compounding interest with Aces Tools.

Anyone else experiencing...this bug?

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Rich

lionheart

Postby lionheart » Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey Rich,

Did you copy anything from the Modelling folder into anywhere else? Everything should be located in the Prepar3D SDK.

Also, you link into the SDK in Max, you go to Customize/Configure System Paths/3rd Party Plug-Ins/and from there, click Add and locate the proper Max version you are using, going directly to its 'Plugins' folder. Remember to 'name' the new Addon in 3rd Party Tools. This might be what happened. That is it. Reboot and check.

The Aces tools and documents tabs should then auto-display.

I know I had the multiple toolset tabs show up once, but I had done this myself somehow. At one point, they stopped, at 3 sets. But I think I was continuing to re-install it and each time I installed it, not knowing what I was doing, it attached a new set of tabs at the top. I think it was not putting in a name in the 'Add' section in 3rd Party Tools.

Bill

WBard

Postby WBard » Mon May 06, 2013 9:50 am

Thanks for getting to this Bill, hopefully this helps you get resolved Rich!

wardorichie

Postby wardorichie » Wed May 08, 2013 3:47 pm

Thank you gentlemen...I will give this a shot...i am certain it will work.

wardorichie

Postby wardorichie » Wed May 08, 2013 3:59 pm

Do you any of you guys have any additional documentation on how to use the Animation Manager? I sent out a message to the forum already. But Im going kind of bonkers trying to wrap my head around this tool....trying to export an animated propeller into Prepar3d.

Thanks again!

Rich

lionheart

Postby lionheart » Wed May 08, 2013 10:35 pm

With the Animation Manager, you need to know two things:

* Always have your key frames setup, and...

* Always remember to click 'Update Sel' (selection)

In a nutshell, select an object, enter the start/end KF (keyframe) windows (zero to 100, usually) and 'always' click the Update Sel button to make sure you are on the right part, then scroll through and find your animation you need. Click Create.

To delete an animation, select the part, click Update Sel, click the animation line attached to it and click Delete.

Super simple. Alot of the other things in that window will never be used by aircraft makers. (Very very rarely).

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”