Set the Active Runway.

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
cliff

Post by cliff »

Hi All,

Full of questions me... ;)

Is there a way to set the active runway of an airport, I can move my user A/C to any airport I like now and thats great the problem is that if I am taking off from say 09R EGLL I have AI aircraft landing on 27L so we meet halfway down the runway.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff.
High Iron

Post by High Iron »

Only thing that comes to my mind is to change the wind direction to favor the runway you wish to depart. I'm not sure if the wind settings will "stick" off hand, as I'm aware there are some problems with manually setting weather and the settings being saved when A.I. traffic is active.

Cheers,

Thad
cliff

Post by cliff »

Tried that but at LHR there are parallel runways and we found that the AI aircraft where landing in front of us while lined up on the runway so no better either.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Michael Semeniuk

Post by Michael Semeniuk »

Hey there Cliff,

As High Iron has mentioned the wind direction determines the active runway. In order to successfully influence this change you will need to go into

World->Weather....

On the Weather Settings screen selected the radio box : User-defined Weather and then click "Customize...".

Next, make sure you select the "ALL WEATHER STATIONS" radio box and change the wind to the desired direction using the control. Also, do not forget to make sure there is a Wind Speed. Typically, it is none but should be set to anything between Light-Severe. Perhaps you had forgotten to set the weather station in the airport you were currently taking off at as it is not the default option.

Please let me know if that fixes your current issue!

Charles