How to open the traffic toolbox in P3D v5.3?

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
snoopy_belgium

How to open the traffic toolbox in P3D v5.3?

Post by snoopy_belgium »

In the new SDK the traffic toolbox folder is missing. And in the help pages there is no description anymore of how to install this toolbox. The only thing I have found in the release note of the new version is:

The Visual FX Tool and Traffic Toolbox are now available through the Tools->Development menu.

But there is nothing in this menu for the traffic toolbox. And when I switch on the developer menu switch in this menu the sim hangs and crashes with the following error:

Naam van toepassing met fout: Prepar3D.exe, versie: 5.3.12.28072, tijdstempel: 0x61a546ea
Naam van module met fout: mso20win32client.dll, versie: 0.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x61847493
Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005
Foutmarge: 0x0000000000071021
Id van proces met fout: 0x1300
Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d7e769e7afe139
Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Pad naar module met fout: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office16\mso20win32client.dll
Rapport-id: a42a58fc-3f60-43ff-9ddc-6061d8f267af
Volledige pakketnaam met fout:
Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout:

So P3D needs a component of MSOffice for this?

How can I have the traffic toolbox in version 5.3?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: How to open the traffic toolbox in P3D v5.3?

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What entries are you seeing in this menu? Both the VisualFX Tool and Traffic Toolbox should be available in the Tools->Development menu by default. No developer menu switch is required.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
snoopy_belgium

Post by snoopy_belgium »

Hi Rob,

Only the developer menu switch and the HTML5 Inspector menu is in Tools->Development. No VisualFX and Traffic Toolbox.
I have launched the configSDK tool as admin, but no change. How can P3D find the P3DSDK installation?

Best Regards,

Snoopy_belgium
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

When updating did you run the full installer or only the client? Are you seeing this on a clean installation?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
snoopy_belgium

Post by snoopy_belgium »

Hi Rob,

I did a full install of P3D in the existing P3D map after deinstalling version 5.2. The installation itself was nearly clean because it is my test install. Only active sky, FSUIPC, aerosoft airbus are installed as an add on.

I see a new Traffic Toolbox map in the development tools map of the new P3D installation. So the Toolbox is there. But how does P3D can find this file? The existing dll.xml in the program data map remained untouched during the new install. Also in the P3d addons map no extra entry for this tool is found. But during install the toolbox of the previous version was already in his map (the old version still works in 5.3), and maybe it is causing this problem now. But when I remove the old addon the new version is not in the menu.

When I copy the traffic toolbox map to the preparv5 addon map the traffic toolbox is in the Tools menu and works. But this manual copy is not described in the manual anymore.

Best regards,
Snoopy_belgium
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

This is added as a core add-on now and can be disabled in the add-ons menu. Try running the "Delete generated files" shortcut in the Prepar3D application directory. This should force the corresponding add-on.cfg to be regenerated.

If you don't want to wipe out these files you can also add these entries to your add-on.cfg in %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

[Package.0]
PATH=Development Tools\Visual FX Tool
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.1]
PATH=Development Tools\Traffic Toolbox
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
snoopy_belgium

Post by snoopy_belgium »

Hi Rob,

I have added these entries and it works now.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Snoopy_belgium
icycle55

Post by icycle55 »

Hello.

I am still NOT seeing Traffic folder added to the "World" directory. I've installed / uninstalled / repaired the "Prepar3D_v5_SDK_Setup_5.3.12.28072.msi" 4-5 times, and still nothing. NOT in the Tools menu (nor is VisualFX for that matter). Adding the entries to the Add-on.cfg does not work, as no DLL is installed, so consequently, is invalid.

Any thoughts on next steps? Done the Delete Generated Files option (fortunately keep backups) which nukes most everything, and STILL does not install the proper files.

not sure what to do next.

Thanks
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

It is no longer located in the SDK since it is now included in the core application. You should be able to access it through the Tools->Development menu inside of Prepar3D.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
icycle55

Post by icycle55 »

Rob,

Sorry if I confused, with my post. Realize its been moved into Tools by new design/architecture. In my "Tools" menu, however, all I have is "SimDirector" & "Development" & within "Development", only "Developer Menu", "HTML5 Inspector", & "FX Tool". No Traffic Toolbox in evidence at all!!

I've been through all the steps in previous posts, tried deleting>>re-installing, repairing, killing the generated files - et al & no luck

Thanks

Bill
svenks

Post by svenks »

Hmm
This thread seems as relevant as ever.
I too do not see Traffic Tools when I open Tools->Developement. Adding
[Package.9]
PATH=Development Tools\Visual FX Tool
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

[Package.10]
PATH=Development Tools\Traffic Toolbox
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
to add-ons.cfg did cause FX Tools to show up, but no sign of any Traffic Toolbox.
Please advise...

EDIT: SOLVED!
You need to remove the old and obsolete entry
[Package.3]
PATH=C:\Users\Sven\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\TrafficToolbox
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
from add-ons.cfg in %appdata%

BRGDS
Sven Sorensen, EKCH