SetSideAngles() not working as expected

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
louis_A_man

SetSideAngles() not working as expected

Post by louis_A_man »

I am developing a plugin to allow Prepar3D to be used with multichannel projection systems. After enabling the plugin in the engine, it is applied as an "Effect" to each to each display.

One component of this plugin is the application of frustum data (an XYZ offset, Pitch Bank Heading, and opening/side angles), which requires utilizing SetFrustumOffsetPBH(), SetFrustumOffSetXYZ(), and SetSideAngles() from IWindowPluginSystem.h. in the PDK. SetFrustumOffsetPBH(), SetFrustumOffSetXYZ() are both working as expected but SetSideAngles() is not.

Depending on the View Group configuration SetSideAngles() will either set the SideAngles for one display or none of the displays, but it will not set the SideAngles for multiple displays, whereas the other two functions will apply values in any View Group configuration. In a View Group with one view which has no Viewports or ViewFrustum set, SetSideAngles() can be used to control the SideAngles. However in any other configuration it has no effect.

If you have any information on how this function works, or how it doesn't work, please let me know as the documentation doesn not provide any additional information beyond its intended use. Also, any information on how to set up a View Group to be compatible with this function would be appreciated as this is not documented but I have observed differences in how this function behaves in different View Group Configurations.