IVRServiceV452 questions

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Tadghostal

IVRServiceV452 questions

Post by Tadghostal »

Just a little background on what I am trying to do. We are trying to build an augmented reality simulator for our lab for upcoming research. We currently have a Vive pro, and I know we could use the standard pass through cameras to fill in the real world areas of our augmented reality sim using the portals feature in the VR menu. However, we were thinking we could add two better quality cameras to the front of the Vive to get a better pass through video. At first we were thinking of using a custom openvr driver for steamvr to get the camera feeds into prepar3d.

However I found the IVRServiceV452 interface and it looks like we might be able to use it to interface the cameras to prepar3d. Unfortunately, there is not much documentation on this part of the PDK, but it looks like RegisterStereoCamera might be the way to accomplish this. I was hoping someone at Lockheed could confirm this is or is not what this function is for.