Custom Hardware Integration

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
tgaldi

Custom Hardware Integration

Post by tgaldi »

Hello,

I would like to integrate my own custom USB hardware to control an aircraft and its cockpit controls in P3D. Is there a good sample to get me started, or could someone point me in the right direction with the various integration methods?

Thanks!
jphustman

Re: Custom Hardware Integration

Post by jphustman »

I plan on doing the same thing, I'm not sure where you are at in your project as this was posted almost 6 months ago, but I am looking for the same thing. I plan on using Arduino, so now it's just trying to figure out how to tie into the simulator. I have very little experience with this level of programming, so just getting Visual Studio to compile the SDK solution was quite a chore, now I am trying to figure out how to interface the Arduino with P3D - I am going to start with the SDK Sample called "DataHarvester and try and make it out into it's own project and then whittle it down to just what I am trying to do. I would love to have it so I don't have to be running a separate application, but to make it so I plug the Arduino's USB in and then it just works.
Jeremey Hustman
PAJN
--
MB: ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
Video: RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC
Mem: G.Skill 32GB DDR4-3200
PSU: Antec HCG750
HD: WD Black SN750 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB (x2)