Setting up camera intrinsic parameters

shouvik1984

Setting up camera intrinsic parameters

Postby shouvik1984 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:38 am

I wish to utilize a camera output. However there is a need to set up the camera intrinsic parameter matrix. I am most interested in setting up the focal length, principal point and image resolution (sensor size) which would simulate a real camera.

How can I set that up in Camera Configuration so that the returned output from the simulation pertains to that camera parameter.

Best Regards
Shouvik
Best Regards
Shouvik Das

P3Dv4.4 Windows 10 x64 Core i7-8700K GTX1080Ti 32GB DDR 3600MHz

shouvik1984

Re: Setting up camera intrinsic parameters

Postby shouvik1984 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:21 pm

I wish to utilize a camera output. However there is a need to set up the camera intrinsic parameter matrix. I am most interested in setting up the focal length, principal point and image resolution (sensor size) which would simulate a real camera.

How can I set that up in Camera Configuration so that the returned output from the simulation pertains to that camera parameter.

Best Regards
Shouvik
Please help!
Best Regards
Shouvik Das

P3Dv4.4 Windows 10 x64 Core i7-8700K GTX1080Ti 32GB DDR 3600MHz

obinder

Re: Setting up camera intrinsic parameters

Postby obinder » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Hello,

you will probably not be able to solve this with CameraConfiguration assets. Take a look at the Observers instead, and how they are managed with a SimConnect client program. I think that they have a few of those parameters that you are looking for.
But you will have to make assumptions about the paramters that aren't there. For example, there is no way you could possibly use the camera sensor resolution - that parameter doesn't make sense in this use case.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”