Exception occurred when client event tried to mapped to simulation event (SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent)

yakupc

Exception occurred when client event tried to mapped to simulation event (SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent)

Postby yakupc » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:47 am

I have two applications used to control an aircraft in P3D : 1- SimpleAirplane project developed with PDK API in SDK examle projects, 2- A console application developed with SimConnect API. There is no problem to add client events to notification group when any aircraft provided by P3D is selected. After selecting SimpleAirplane as a vehicle from P3D, I realized that console application cannot map to sim event or add client event to notification group (SimConnect_AddClientEventToNotificationGroup). Following exceptions are received for SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent and SimConnect_AddClientEventToNotificationGroup function calls. SimConnect_GetLastSentPacketID funtion is used to make sure which call cause the exceptions.

SimConnectException (SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_NAME_UNRECOGNIZED) : NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC : SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent
SimConnectException (SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID) : NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC : SimConnect_AddClientEventToNotificationGroup

There is no problem with SimConnect_SubscribeToSystemEvent function call used to subscribe system events (SimStart, SimStop).

I don't know why SimpleAirplane cause this problem.
Is there anything needs to be implemented in the projects developed with PDK API to map client events to simulation events?

Return to “Software Development Kit (SDK) Questions”