TCAS not showing traffic in P3D v5.3?

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Irno590

TCAS not showing traffic in P3D v5.3?

Post by Irno590 »

Hi, I re-open this thread for a problem I encountered with v5.3 ( Hotfix 2 ) I installed client, content, scenery and SDK from scratch but unfortunately I can't see the traffic in the TCAS. With v4.4 everything works correctly but in v5 the traffic is visible only in the Vcockpit scenario but not in the displays. I installed the Traffic Toolbox on both of them and on both v4 and v5 it is visible in the Traffic Map, you know why it no longer works in the displays? In the video I made the comparison between v4 and v5
https://youtu.be/IY6q9Rmco9s
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: TCAS not showing traffic in P3D v5.3?

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Thanks for the report, we'll investigate. I also moved this to a new topic.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Irno590

Post by Irno590 »

Thanks a lot for your interest!
Clarkj91

Post by Clarkj91 »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:47 pm Hello,

Thanks for the report, we'll investigate. I also moved this to a new topic.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy

Was this ever figured out? Trying to get the F-35 TSD functioning properly in V5
Clarkj91

Post by Clarkj91 »

Hopefully I can get a reply, because I think I've figured this thing out....but I'm not sure how to fix it.

It seems the Itrafficinfo reference point is at 0,0 degrees. If you take this aircraft out to 0 degrees lat and lon, and spawn some simobjects, it works. So for some reason, Itrafficinfo isn't searching for traffic from the user aircraft, its searching from that lat/lon.

Code: Select all

(A:PLANE LATITUDE, radians) (>C:ITrafficInfo:Latitude, radians)  
(A:PLANE LONGITUDE, radians) (>C:ITrafficInfo:Longitude, radians) 
Is this no longer correct in v5.3 to make trafficinfo search from the user aircraft?