[ANSWERED] LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll not strong named?

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
metacraft

Post by metacraft »

Hello,

I'm working on a .NET application that integrates with P3D. I am unable to sign my application assembly with a strong name because LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll is not a strong-named assembly. (Probably because it is mixed-mode ... not sure if those can be signed.) Anyway, just wondering if anyone has a workaround for this that would allow me to sign my application assembly.

Thanks,

-Ross
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi metacraft,

A detailed topic covering this can be found here: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... topic&t=27

Strong-naming is something we will attempt to setup in the future. Visual Studio 2010 had issues strong naming mixed-mode dlls, but most of that has since been fixed with Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
metacraft

Post by metacraft »

Great, thanks Adam.

I know this is probably a long shot, but is there any way a strong-named version of the managed wrapper could be made available soon? I am nearing the release date for my application and without a strong-named SimConnect assembly, I'll have to release my executable without strong naming, which isn't exactly ideal.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

-Ross