selecting observer views

jpearson

Postby jpearson » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:46 pm

is there a way to select an observer view to be the current view after positioning and creating it, via SimConnect?

beatle

Postby beatle » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 am

I don't beleive there's a way to do this as we haven't added a SimConnect API to the Window/Camera system yet.

Tim

jpearson

Postby jpearson » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:45 pm

ok, thanks Tim. Trying another approach...I see an Event ID called "KEY_VIEW_RESET" which will reset the view to the default view. Where is the default view this event works off of defined and can it be overridden with a custom Observer-based camera view? I see that camera views can be defined in the CAMERAS.CFG file, aircraft configuration files, and flight files and I suspect it is located in CAMERAS.CFG but can't confirm this at the moment. Would it be possible to define a new Observer-based camera view as the default view and set it to the current view this way with this event (thought I expect if I could set it as the default view, then it would display on its own when I start Prepar3D)? It looks like I can always control Observer-based views in every other way I need to with the SimConnect APIs using their names as handles as long as I know them at compile time.

Return to “SimConnect Interface Questions”