error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol DLLStart and DLLStop

terra.elzie

Postby terra.elzie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:45 am

I am trying to complete the SimConnect Setup according to the Prepar3D SDK instructions, however, i have run into issues with the SimConnect.def file that i am instructed to add the lines:

Code:

DLLStart
DLLStop

I added the 3 libraries user32.lib, ADvApi32.lib and Shell32.lib to the 'Additional Dependencies field' in Linker/Inputs as required, but I'm still getting the errors when I try to compile (using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010):

Code:

SimConnect.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol DLLStart
1>SimConnect.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol DLLStop
1>C:\Users\terra.elzie\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SimConnect\Debug\SimConnect.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

I've been researching trying to find a solution, but to no avail. Can anyone assist? I am running on Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit operating system.

Thank you!

beatle

Postby beatle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:02 pm

Your supposed to implement those two functions within your code, they get called right after the module is loaded/right before the module is unloaded, and allow your code to initialize/deinitialize its SimConnect connection (and any other init/deinit stuff you need to do, depending on what your SimConnect client does).

Tim

terra.elzie

Postby terra.elzie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 am

oh yes...light bulb just came on after reading that! I'm not a true programmer, so please forgive me!

Thanks for your response Tim!

Terra

Return to “SimConnect Interface Questions”