aircraft stutter in a multiple PC setup

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
g1235813

aircraft stutter in a multiple PC setup

Post by g1235813 »

Hi,
I made a scene using simDirector in which there is an ai aircraft(with ai type combat patrol) flying in a circle, and I control the player's aircraft using an external program on another PC via CIGI(P3D-network-startIG). When I fly player's aricraft near to the ai aircraft, I found that ai aircraft is stuttering rapidly. The phenomenon is similar to what described in these two posts:
https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=144717
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138007

and in the second post there is a video which looks exactly identical to my problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoGmPe9 ... e=youtu.be

more to add on this issue:

1 It's super wired that none of the aircrafts seems actually stuttering: when I use a camera centered to player's aircraft(cockpit view, tailview, top-down view...etc.), the ai aircraft is stuttering; if I view via a camera on that ai aircraft, the player's aircraft is stuttering, and this is not because of camera stuttering with the aircraft, since in both cases, the whole scenery is NOT stuttering.

2 Furthermore, I made another ai aircraft whose ai is following the player's aircraft, it is also stuttering and from the camera centered on player, ai1 and ai2 BOTH are stuttering; from camera on ai1 or ai2, NONE of the ais are stuttering, only the player. I addition, I created another ai aircraft with no ai behaviour, just stay on the runway, and viewing from the camera on this aircraft(the one that dose not have any speed): both ai and player is NOT stuttering...

3 tried to set p3d to lock at 30fps, and in %appdata%/lockheed martin/prepar3d v5/cigihost.cfg, tried both issynchronized = 1 and issynchronized = 0, and the fps was set to 30fps too, the issue remains. Also, the PC running p3d is a hgih-end one so hardware shouldn't be an issue.

4 I'm struggling to find an explanation that makes sense. Noticing that she "stuttering" is the aircraft vibrating "back and forth", it shouldn't be just "laggy" since in that case the aircraft will just "jumping" ahead, not backwards. Also from 1 and 2 above, none of the aircraft seems are actually stuttering, but if it is a problem on camera rendering, why this phenomenon? Assuming when using a camera on player, the camera renders using the CIGI's framerate, so ai is stuttering; when using cameras on ai, it renders using prepar3d's framerate, but why when viewing from a camera on a stationary aircraft on the runway, none of the ai and player is stuttering? what framerate is that then? If the reason is not lag nor camera rendering, what could it be?

I really need to solve this issue but for now have no clue how, though is sad to find that both the posts linked above didn't get a viable conclusion in the end. Any help would be mach appreciated. Thanks a lot!