Connecting to a real aircraft/ raspberry pi

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
vamshi.chittaluri

Connecting to a real aircraft/ raspberry pi

Post by vamshi.chittaluri »

Hello All,

Nice to meet you all.
I am new to Prepar3D and look forward to learning a lot and meeting you all.

I am a Graduate student and am participating in a research project. At our organization, we are working on a simulation program that will be embedded inside an aircraft. We have an aircraft, from which data is being drawn from various sensors via a and onto a RaspberryPI. I have to work with Prepar3D, do you have any suggestions on how to get started? The simulation PC will be in a passenger seat inside the aircraft.

I guess the workflow is as follows:

A/C Data drawn from AIRCRAFT -> via simObjects/simConnect send to Prepar3D.

Looking forward to your comments and any help I can get. Would really appreciate any help!
Thankyou.

Kind Regards
Vamshi
Tadghostal

Re: Connecting to a real aircraft/ raspberry pi

Post by Tadghostal »

I did something vary similar to what you are trying to accomplish. If you look at the linuxsimulation example in the SDK it offers a pretty good starting point for this type of project.

If you start with that example, then Simulation::Update is where you will pass your aircraft state into P3D. Of course there are other things you have to setup to get a full simulation than what they go through in the example. If you need more help feel free to message me and I will see if I can help you.
lilycollins

Re: Connecting to a real aircraft/ raspberry pi

Post by lilycollins »

Connecting Raspberry Pi via SSH
To connect to the Pi via SSH, you will need to know your Raspberry Pi IP address. If you're running the Pi without a monitor, you can find the IP address in your router's DHCP lease table. Otherwise, if you have a monitor plugged in, use the ip command to determine the board's IP address

Once you have found the IP address, you can connect to the Raspberry Pi from your computer. Windows users can use an SSH client like PuTTY. venge io taming io