DIS and F-35 MFD Interactions

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
alexr-s

DIS and F-35 MFD Interactions

Post by alexr-s »

I would like to be able to use P3D as a DIS role-player federation, which would require the TSDs and Weapons tabs to be interacted with via DIS and HOTAS.

Currently, out of the box, v5.3 does not have a HDD cursor nor any method to be able to interact with external DIS entities aside from the Weapon Gauge drop down menu. I would need to be able to implement the functionality from this into the TSD windows and then enable HOTAS interactions (i.e. firing, target and weapon selection, etc.).

I can modify the mfd.cfg files to allow viewing of Air-based entities under CustomDrawParam LayerVehicles, but this does not include ground-based entities and is only viewable on the TSD, i.e. does not translate through to any sensors or HUD view channels. Furthermore, the weapon stores in the MFD/panel does not reflect what is in the config files and indeed the Weapons Gauge tab.

Please could you advise whether any of these features have been implemented or how to go about developing this as I'm new to the software. Thanks, Alex.