AI Targeting

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
danhubs

AI Targeting

Post by danhubs »

Hello,

I am trying to create a scenario where an AI controlled ground vehicle with a weapons system (ZSU or M270 for example) can actively target and fire at a user controlled aircraft when the aircraft enters into a custom proximity to the ground vehicle. I am using Sim Editor to try and figure this out but for some reason the ground vehicle will not fire. Any suggestions?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: AI Targeting

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What objects are you using in your scenario? Also weapons and AI behaviors are only available in the Professional Plus version. You will need a SearchTrack behavior in conjunction with an Attacker behavior to have the entity target and attack the object. You will also need to set up entity affiliations to have friend/foe relationships set up between objects in your scenario.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
danhubs

Post by danhubs »

Thank you for the response. I am using the Professional Plus version. I have made the user aircraft (an F-35 in this case) and an entity (a ZSU) foes. The ZSU currently has two AI behaviors. One for SearchTrack and one for Attacker. I am also using a proximity trigger so that when the user enters within a certain radius of the ZSU, the ZSU will target and fire at them. Right now it seems like everything is working except for the targeting. Once I enter within the desired radius the ZSU begins to fire, but does not aim at the user.

Respectfully,
Danny
danhubs

Post by danhubs »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:26 pm Hello,

What objects are you using in your scenario? Also weapons and AI behaviors are only available in the Professional Plus version. You will need a SearchTrack behavior in conjunction with an Attacker behavior to have the entity target and attack the object. You will also need to set up entity affiliations to have friend/foe relationships set up between objects in your scenario.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Thank you for the response. I am using the Professional Plus version. I have made the user aircraft (an F-35 in this case) and an entity (a ZSU) foes. The ZSU currently has two AI behaviors. One for SearchTrack and one for Attacker. I am also using a proximity trigger so that when the user enters within a certain radius of the ZSU, the ZSU will target and fire at them. Right now it seems like everything is working except for the targeting. Once I enter within the desired radius the ZSU begins to fire, but does not aim at the user.

I have also attached an image that shows the visualization in SimEditor.

Respectfully,
Danny