Pilot Tutorial for Bones, Skin, Animation?

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
lionheart

Pilot Tutorial for Bones, Skin, Animation?

Postby lionheart » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:52 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to make a pilot animate using Bones and the Skin modifier; single mesh for the pilot, with separate animations on him, like the early FSX pilots had.

I have found one single tutorial by Chuck Jodry on YouTube.

I cannot seem to get mine to work. I get a deforming arm when doing throttle animations. I cannot seem to use IK Limb Solvers to animate him.

The Jetway tutorial page (2 photos) does not seem to explain much concerning doing a pilot. Just a Jetway ramp layout of bones. Also, the Jetway has IK handles, but if I put in IK Solvers (they have handles) it breaks the export and you must delete the pilot or start over from a previous save without using the IK solver to restore animations on the plane (all animations break with IK Solver, Limb type).

Been working at it for over a week, would like to get this working. Any ideas on how to keep models from deforming? Any more tutorials that I missed besides the Jetway ramp and Chucks ancient tutorial from many years ago? Anything modern that shows how its done?

Return to “Simulation Object Development Questions”