Binding self created effect to aircraft

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
Bonesie85

Binding self created effect to aircraft

Postby Bonesie85 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:21 am

Hi everyone,

I've created a paratrooper effect for the CaptainSim C-130 that was recently added as content to v4.3. I'm now trying to bind this effect to the aircraft. The trick I used to do with i.e. the virtavia C-17 to bind a paradrop effect, is to add it to the aircraft.cfg as [smoke] so the 'I'-key would toggle the effect in game.

Now, the C-130 already has smoke tied to it. When I deactivate those and replace it with my own effect, nothing happens. I wonder why?
[smokesystem]
smoke.0=-8, 34, 0, fx_parac130
//smoke.0=-8,-34, 0, fx_c130_smoke
//smoke.1=-9,-17, 0, fx_c130_smoke
//smoke.2=-9, 17, 0, fx_c130_smoke
//smoke.3=-8, 34, 0, fx_c130_smoke

Also, I tried to replace the leading edge light effect with my own to see if I could bind my parajump effect to a switch in the cockpit. Replacing the leading edge effect in the aircraft.cfg with my own effect also doesn't seem to do anything. It disables the leading edge effect of course, but doesn't replace it with my own.

Does anyone have a solution to either of above mentioned issues? Or does anyone have another way for me to bind the effect to the aircraft? Thanks in advance for your help!

Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Binding self created effect to aircraft

Postby Clifton Crane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi Bonesie85,

Have you tried turning on Content Error Reporting? This can be turned on via Options > General > Application > Error Report > Enable Content Error Reporting. If you have any content errors, a file name ContentErrorReport will be generated in your %DOCUMENTS%\Prepar3D v4 Files directory.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.

Return to “Simulation Object Development Questions”