Inputting a Two Position Prop

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
lornam1998

Inputting a Two Position Prop

Postby lornam1998 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to P3D. I am currently undertaking a project at university with the aim to create a dataset to model a Scheibe Falke SF25C touring motor glider for incorporation into the university's flight simulator. The aircraft has a piston engine with a two position variable pitch prop.

I am a little confused as to how I go about inputting a two position prop (HO-V 62 Mechanical variable pitch propeller). Looking at the aircraft configuration file page on the P3D Learning Center, the only options for propeller_type are constant speed (0) or fixed pitch (1). The propeller has two positions - take off and feathering. I am wondering whether to input the propeller_type at a fixed pitch and then indicate that a feathering switch is available (feathering_switches=1)?

This is probably a very basic question but, as I say, I am new to P3D so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

lornam1998

Re: Inputting a Two Position Prop

Postby lornam1998 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:30 pm

Hi guys,

I have continued to look online to see if it is possible to input a two position variable pitch propeller into a configuration file but I haven't found any info on this or found any other aircraft simulation files that include this type of prop. Therefore, I am guessing this wouldn't be possible?

Any confirmation would be great!

I have just entered my propeller as a standard fixed pitch propeller at the moment (neglecting the feathered position).

Return to “Simulation Object Development Questions”