Simdirector, impossible to load catalog

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
RhysCPFC

Simdirector, impossible to load catalog

Post by RhysCPFC »

Hi i am having the exact same issue as this person on a locked forum post from 2017 however i am on the latest simdirector in p3dv5 HF1
Thanks
Hi LM,

Hope you can help, I'm having issues with Simdirector,

After leaving my pc on the "loading catalog" 26 Minutes later the Catalog still has not loaded.

I can't turn off use friendly names option, as when I do, I can't exit the program as it hangs on exit, my cpu usage goes crazy and I can't shutdown simdirector. so it doesn't save the change of turning off the option.

Is there anyway I can modify a text config file for the friendly name option so it's already inuse when I open simdirector?. if so can you point me to the config location.

Cheers
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: Simdirector, impossible to load catalog

Post by Max Perry »

Hi is this an issue if your add-ons are turned off? I know that's not ideal for creating a scenario and using all the add-on assets but trying to catch up on this one.

I'm using SimDirector with the default content, and a few small add-ons and I have ran into issues when the catalog finds duplicate items which I'm hoping we have resolved soon.

Max
RhysCPFC

Post by RhysCPFC »

I have tried turning off a lot of addons that werent needed for editing the airport i was working on but it was to no avail, i kept an eye resource monitor and could see what was being loaded but eventually it just stopped reading stuff from my library so idk if it is to do with what is in my library or something else at this point
RhysCPFC

Post by RhysCPFC »

just an update, i literally brought an entire SSD to try and get it to load, fully reinstalled the sim with HF2 and still not fixed