[RESOLVED] BGL Compiler

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
n2airb

[RESOLVED] BGL Compiler

Post by n2airb »

Since upgrading to 4.5 I am not able to convert SXML files to BGL. Has the Compiler in the SDK 4.5 changed? I used to use drag and drop, but now all i get is a command prompt window for a second and then it disappears and does not convert the file? Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Shawn
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: BGL Compiler

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Thanks for the report. We'll investigate this on our end and get back to you. Can you PM me a link to your SXML file as well?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Another question, where is your SXML file located? When dragging and dropping files onto BGLComp it will output the BGL file to the same location as the SXML. If that file is located in your Program Files directory you may be running into admin rights issues. If you move the SXML file to your Documents folder do you still see this issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
n2airb

Post by n2airb »

Once I export the SXML file I move it from C:\Users\Shawn\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files to C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.11.29713\World\Scenery and from that point I drag and drop it into the BGL Compiler which in turn should convert the file to BGL within C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.11.29713\World\Scenery but as I mentioned before I just get a Command prompt window for a second and no conversion. (Operating system is Windows 10)
Last edited by n2airb on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
n2airb

Post by n2airb »

I have made sure that I have Admin Privileges on Prepar3dV4 and full read write security on the compiler. UAC is at "never Notify"
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

There still may be an issue writing to the Program Files directory using drag and drop. Does keeping the SXML in your "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files" folder and dragging it from there onto BGLComp work as expected?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
n2airb

Post by n2airb »

No. I still just get the command prompt window and no conversion file.
n2airb

Post by n2airb »

I moved the scenery folder that the BGL compiler resides in to my documents folder and the compiler worked. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing UAC not to allow permission to the folder when I have given full permission to the folder and UAC is at never notify? Thank you for your help. Shawn