Formation Recording Stutter

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
AlexReynolds1

Formation Recording Stutter

Postby AlexReynolds1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:16 am

Hi All,

I've been having a problem with making a formation flying scenario demonstration.

I'm able to record two aircraft flying for formation, they all look smooth. No problem here.

However when I put both aircraft into the same scenario and have them played back I run into a very bad stutter problem. The lead aircraft (Ai Playback) seems to be out of sink of what the other player is seeing (Player is viewing a playback too)

Looking to see if anyone has a solutions for this stutter?

Cheers,
Alex
SimJet Flight Training | Lead Training Systems Developer

BaldBeagle

Re: Formation Recording Stutter

Postby BaldBeagle » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:35 pm

I have had this problem for a while which has prohibited any formation flying work that I have produced to be used.

What I have noticed is that if you load a flight recording and you then fly after it with a user controlled aircraft, there is seemingly no stutter in the AI aircraft until you start to get closer at which point the stutter get progressively worse.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to make it work at the moment so would be interested as well if someone has a fix.

NormanLGibson

Re: Formation Recording Stutter

Postby NormanLGibson » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:04 am

I have had this problem for a while which has prohibited any formation flying work that I have produced to be used.

What I have noticed is that if you load a flight recording and you then fly after it with a user controlled aircraft, there is seemingly no stutter in the AI aircraft until you start to get closer at which point the stutter get progressively worse.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way to make it work at the moment so would be interested as well if someone has a fix.
Not sure about the first post in a recording, however I have found an AI will stutter when in close formation with FPS set to MAX, The shaking stops if I drop to anything other than MAX.

Return to “Scenario Development (SimDirector) Questions”