Autogen/Annotator changes?

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
jdhaenens

Postby jdhaenens » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 pm

While looking at the differences between an addon airport in FSX and in Prepar 3D I ran into a difference in Autogen between the two.

agprepar.jpg

Prepar 3D

agfsx.jpg

FSX

Is this due to a new model, date difference, or a different grouping? The autogen in the foreground was placed using the autogen annotator.

Another discovery was that objects come into view more quickly and disappear from view more slowly (before they get into the frame and after they move from the frame) in most cases. Bravo! the propensity for objects to appear and disappear inappropriately was a real challenge to the suspension of disbelief.

Jim

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi Jim,

Between your 2 screenshots the first thing that comes to mind is seasonal differences. The FSX one could be from winter ( The deciduous trees are bare) and the Prepar3D looks like Autumn.

Was the date the same in the 2 screenshots? Are you using any autogen description modifications? Keep me posted!

jdhaenens

Postby jdhaenens » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:06 pm

The dates were the same for both. They were both Dec 12th. The area is Pensacola. No variations were used between the two. This is the same annotation on the same date in the same scenery. Just wierd.

Jim

GianP

Postby GianP » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:19 am

Mmmhhh, Dec. 12th is a "risky" day.

Until FS9 the seasons change was around the 21st of the "correct" month; then it has been moved on the 1st of the same month.

I think P3D is still in Autumn while FSX has already changed to Winter.

I suggest to test for differences on Nov. 30 and on Dec. 28.

Cheers

GianP

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”