how to correctly install my new airport scenery

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
RiverbankerAKP

how to correctly install my new airport scenery

Post by RiverbankerAKP »

I have created a small airport and wish to install it into the Scenery Section. Is there a tutorial for doing this in version 4.5.
mpni

Re: how to correctly install my new airport scenery

Post by mpni »

Hi RiverbankerAKP
Your scenery have a main folder which contains 2 subfolders called scenery and texture.
You can put this main folder in each other folder you want.
When you lanch your simulator, go to scenery / Add aera and search your main folder. Clic OK and your scenery is ready to use.
Otherwise, put your main folder in \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery and P3D will ask you to activate it.
But, the first method is better than the second.
Hope that will help you
Regards
Michel
RiverbankerAKP

Post by RiverbankerAKP »

Thank you for the reply. I had tried what you said but keep getting the same error message when trying to load the scenery file;

Could not find scenery area. 132’s local scenery directory: C:\Users\river\desktop\scenery\RBRA Riverbank\SCENERY

Any idea what this error could mean?
Thank you
mpni

Post by mpni »

Delete your scenery in the sim aera and try with this path
C:\Users\river\desktop\scenery\RBRA Riverbank
Otherwise try to put your scenery in another folder and not on the desktop.
The last word of the path must be RBRA Riverbank
RiverbankerAKP

Post by RiverbankerAKP »

"Could not find scenery area. 132’s local scenery directory: C:\Users\river\desktop\scenery\RBRA Riverbank\SCENERY "

I've tried to make the point that no matter what I try I get the above error msg in both my Versions 4.5 and 5.2! It's named a Scenery.cfg error and I suspect it's an error in that file that is unknown. Now how do I get some use out of my two purchases producing the same error so that I'm not able to add my scenery?

I think it's time to give me some proper corrective help ... I even tried a re-download of ver 4.5 and deleted the Scenery.cfg file for a re-build!

Am I in the wrong forum?