What happened to the original 4.5 version

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
RiverbankerAKP

What happened to the original 4.5 version

Post by RiverbankerAKP »

I may be in the wrong area but Scenery is my concern so I'll try my luck here!
I have been a supporter of P3d since day one as I recall and very much enjoyed the versions and development over the years ... especially the version 4.5 final to which I added my own airport on my own property for my own "fun" use.
I have purchased ver 5.1 ( not been able to open it) but wanted to retain 4.5 for the reasons mentioned in the above ... but I had to delete it in order to get delivery of the new "version "4" which showed as a 4.5 in its extended item number but unfortunately for me, it bore no relationship to the previous 4.5.

My queries are: 1)was it necessary for me to sacrifice the old 4.5 for the 4 because the latter has some connection with 5.1 or have I just made an unrecoverable mistake? They would not permit the download of the new ver 4 until I uninstalled 4.5.

Sorry for the nuisance I may be causing but perhaps I could trouble one of you who can straighten me out on what is happening with 5.1 and why I had to sacrifice 4.5 for the "terrible" new 4?

Regards,
Ken
RiverbankerAKP

Re: What happened to the original 4.5 version

Post by RiverbankerAKP »

re the ver 5's purchase resulting in loss of original ver 4.5 ... the replacement version of my home airport "CYKA" Kamloops, BC has now been mis-replaced incorrectly down river adjacent to the airport ... and flooded with tree sticks and old fashioned box houses seen years ago in earlier versions of Flight Simulator! Overall, the previous great 4.5 scenery got left behind on the 5.1 upgrade.

Since the beginning, I have been very happy with P3d's development and saw no reason to not go ahead with the usual "blind" purchases of upgrades ... this "ver 5" update ... especially after enjoying the superb realistic scenery that 4.5 captured.

I'd like to get version 4.5 back and return 5.1 for my C$250 +/- but it looks like both that money and the previous version are wishful thinking history.

Anyway, I seem to be alone in this complaint and will have to review other options. Co-incidentally, I can't even get back into the new version 4 due to an exhaustion of License Activations ... how's that for "dealing with Lockheed Martin"

Anyway, for the Scenery people, you may want to take a boo at Vancouver's Airport code which gave me the following error on an earlier 5.1 (or 4 ) attempt to fly in there :- C:\programdata\lockheed martin\prepar3d v4\scenery cache\c-namw\scenery\vancouv?
I had to reboot the computer to get out of it.

Overandout,
Ken
Martyson

Re: What happened to the original 4.5 version

Post by Martyson »

@ RiverbankerAKP ,
Ken,

You mentioned:
“ Co-incidentally, I can't even get back into the new version 4 due to an exhaustion of License Activations”

Licensing support:
https://www.prepar3d.com/contact/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)