NZMS airport

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
PhilK

NZMS airport

Post by PhilK »

Just a question to possibly better understand what is going on... Simulator, equipment and addons installed as per my signature.
Landing today at NZMS / Masterton, just finding out that the airport has no background.
Runways, taxiways, aprons, parkings, buildings are sitting on stock terrain and autogen. However no autogen popping up through the aforementioned airport parts, only between and around the airport parts.
Do I have some gremlin into my computerbox, is it a new way to design the airports, other?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12 Gb, P3D v5.3.17, Toposim mesh, FTX Global Base, Vector, OpenLC EU, OpenLC North America, OpenLC South America, OpenLC Africa, Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: NZMS airport

Post by Max Perry »

Sorry for the late reply, did you get your scenery sorted out. In v5 default scenery I see the airport background. Maybe there is an add-on conflict?
PhilK

Post by PhilK »

Max,
Thank you for your return.
I have no specific scenery addon for NZ on my system.
I assume there is no apt background just because the airport looks like this :

Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, RTX3060 12 Gb, P3D v5.3.17, Toposim mesh, FTX Global Base, Vector, OpenLC EU, OpenLC North America, OpenLC South America, OpenLC Africa, Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

that is odd, and none of your other airports are like that? There was a need to let P3D regenerate it's terrain.cfg because v5 has a new entry and it caused conflicts because people kept them for reasons.
PhilK

Post by PhilK »

Max,
Thank you for coming back. As far as I can remember, same issue did happen on some few other airports, but I did not take note at these times...
I did a fresh install of P3D latest version after uninstalling previous version, and have as far as I know no other addon modifying the original terrain.cfg than the ORBX Global Base product.
I guess I should have a look into terrain.cfg files I can find on my system, but what to search for...
Have a good day
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

The terrain.cfg i'm talking about lives here:
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

Inside is a the new entry for the airport backgrounds which have the ability to smooth the edge of the terrain (instead of making sheer cliffs).