P3d and Google Earth

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
choppa

P3d and Google Earth

Postby choppa » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:44 pm

With the new FS about to be released, I am wondering if the powers that be at LM P3D are looking at coming to an arrangement with Google Earth. There are a stack of us that have invested so highly in P3D and its add on's, that to move platforms would be such a waste of money. I, for one, would rather pay extra (to P3D) to have photogrammetry Google Earth scenery available than jumping ship. Just a thought!

aguiar

Re: P3d and Google Earth

Postby aguiar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:56 pm

With the new FS about to be released, I am wondering if the powers that be at LM P3D are looking at coming to an arrangement with Google Earth. There are a stack of us that have invested so highly in P3D and its add on's, that to move platforms would be such a waste of money. I, for one, would rather pay extra (to P3D) to have photogrammetry Google Earth scenery available than jumping ship. Just a thought!
I totally agreed.

comeup101

Postby comeup101 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:29 pm

Same here, I have so much invested and I enjoy P3d more than any other sim. Seems like everyone is jumping ship and I will also check MSFS out but, I'm still sticking with P3d. I don't trust Microsoft they left us behind once and Lockheed Martin turned it into a great sim.

Google Earth sounds great, or something better.

choppa

Postby choppa » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:35 am

Really when you think about our investments ...is it worth jumping ship for , I admit , pretty pictures? Sure I am keeping a tab on YouTube etc, but some of the forums are running hot with some very interesting comments and observations.I was going to just buy it to add to my P3D v4 and V5 sims...but I'll keep my money in my pocket at the moment. Besides I find A2A plus real weather etc helps me to keep my skills up when I cant get into the real sky.

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”