East African Great Lakes sharp edges

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
PhilK

East African Great Lakes sharp edges

Postby PhilK » Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 am

Max, sorry...
By chance, did you already fix some angular lake shores in this area?

Thank you
Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, GTX1060 6 Gb, P3D v5.1.12, Toposim mesh, FTX Global Base, Vector, OpenLC EU, OpenLC North America, OpenLC South America, OpenLC Africa, Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: East African Great Lakes sharp edges

Postby Max Perry » Thu May 28, 2020 11:41 pm

I was just replacing these 2 lakes and noticed that but in the newer versions there's still sections that are 'unmapped' to a higher resolution.

Want to map some lakes? :P

PhilK

Re: East African Great Lakes sharp edges

Postby PhilK » Fri May 29, 2020 8:41 am

Sorry again,
Not being a native english speaker, not sure to understand what you mean by "Want to map some lakes"?
I recently made various VFR flights from FWCL to HUEN to visit this part of the world, and that is how I came upon the issues I reported. Only from visuals into P3D5.
My only (poor to few) knowledge in simflying related softwares is limited to Airport Design Editor and AI Flight Planner, but am in fact still in the learning curve on both...
I understand that sometimes the source data is not as accurate enough. I can live with these visual issues.
Anyway, thank you for this new sim version, as well as your attention and actions on reported issues!
Have a good day!
Windows 10 x64, Z170A Gaming Pro Mobo, i7-6700K CPU (no O/C), 16 Gb DDR4 RAM, GTX1060 6 Gb, P3D v5.1.12, Toposim mesh, FTX Global Base, Vector, OpenLC EU, OpenLC North America, OpenLC South America, OpenLC Africa, Trees HD, ASP3D, ASCA

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”